Contribute
Register

Mojave Port Limit Patch for 10.14.1 Working/Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Did you try to follow this guide? I couldn't understand it but I have the same motherboard as you so let me know if you are successful with it.

No, I do not need or use Usbinjectall.kext and you know it, as you also know my X299 iMacPro guide (just look in your profile to your respective postings), where you can also find the link to my XHC USB kext guidelines, which fully work as expected. Seems you have not understood the underlying basics, which are the same for both USB approaches. The sudden failing of the port limit patch approach under 10.14.1 has the same implications on both methods and requires identical workarounds and solutions, which I already explained, considered and implemented. One simply has to drop the implementation of some USB ports to stay within Apple's 15 port limit. That's all. However this implies that some selected USB ports will be non-functional on your motherboard, while all others will perfectly work after this intervention.

Last edited:
There lilu plugin for that, google search it, can't remember
The issue with USB patch is not fixed by Lilu and if we don't but the mac pro 6.1 the quick look has a problem ! I am waiting for a MultiBeast 11 to solve the issue with the USB limit !

Please see post #36 of this thread..
Thank you for the link. I have found your guide.

Is there a specific reason to use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 instead of IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2. I don't mind using IORegistryExplorer 2.1, I'm just curious.

Thank you for the link. I have found your guide.

Is there a specific reason to use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 instead of IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2. I don't mind using IORegistryExplorer 2.1, I'm just curious.

I guess that's something that remained from earlier versions. You can use IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 of course.

I guess that's something that remained from earlier versions. You can use IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 of course.
Thank you.

In "3.) Preconditions for point 4.)" it says
Your XHC USB KEXT must really consider all connectors available on your particular mainboard, especially as you will subsequently distribute your board-specific XHC USB Kext to the community.

Unfortunately it doesn't say where I can upload my mainboard definition to. And come to think of it, maybe somebody has already done that for my mainboard, because a Gigabyte Z97-D3H wasn't exactly exotic back in the day.

Edit: typo fixed

Last edited:
Thank you.

In "3.) Preconditions for point 4.)" it says

Unfortunately it doesn't say where I can upload my mainboard definition to. And come to think of it, maybe somebody has already done that for my mainboard, because a Gigabyte Z97-D3H wasn't exactly exotic back in the day.

Edit: typo fixed

Could you please post your specific questions in the respective thread, as I guess they are not of general interest here? I promise to answer there..

FYI for anyone with USB issues, I have noticed If I put the machine into sleep and then bring it back out, my usb's seem to work!

The issue with usb patch is not fixed by lilu and if we don"t but the mac pro 6.1 the quick look has a problem ! I am waiting for a multibeast 11 to solve the issue with the usb limit !
i meant the preview fix. it's called NoVPAJpeg.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back