Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave or Catalina desktop build (INTEL & NVDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-V LX
CPU
I7 3770K
Graphics
MSI GTX 960 4GB
i ve tried so many times to install mac os on my pc only for testing , today i want to do a properly installation so let start with my setup :

CPU i7 3770K
MOBA AsusTek P8Z77-V LX
RAM 12 GB DDR3 (8GB hyper X , 4GB Crucial)
GPU Nvidia GTX 960 MSI ediction 4GB
WIFI CARD Asus PCE-N15 11n (i think it's not compability)
STORAGE 320GB Xbox 360 hard disk (i also have 1 crucial ssd(250GB) and 1TB hard disk )

I want to know:
1)if it possible to do a properly setup with mac os mojave or catalina with this hardware or with hardaware i have to replace to fully work
2)if you can help me with the setup and kets

Let me know if you need other informations and thanks for your attention and sorry for my english :)
P.S. i will use mac os in the same windows pc

i ve tried so many times to install mac os on my pc only for testing , today i want to do a properly installation so let start with my setup :

CPU i7 3770K
MOBA AsusTek P8Z77-V LX
RAM 12 GB DDR3 (8GB hyper X , 4GB Crucial)
GPU Nvidia GTX 960 MSI ediction 4GB
WIFI CARD Asus PCE-N15 11n (i think it's not compability)
STORAGE 320GB Xbox 360 hard disk (i also have 1 crucial ssd(250GB) and 1TB hard disk )

I want to know:
1)if it possible to do a properly setup with mac os mojave or catalina with this hardware or with hardware i have to replace to fully work
2)if you can help me with the setup and kets

Let me know if you need other information and thanks for your attention and sorry for my english :)
P.S. i will use mac os in the same windows pc

The GTX 960 is not supported in MacOS Mojave and Catalina due to the lack of Nvidia drivers.

I strongly recommend replacing the card with an supported AMD card like a RX 570 / RX 580 if you want to run Mojave or Catalina.

If i ll not replace it what kind of probleme i will have ?

If i ll not replace it what kind of probleme i will have ?

(1) You may not be able to install MacOS Mojave or Catalina with the card installed.
(2) Even if you are able to install MacOS, you won't be able to change the resolution and will be stuck with a low resolution like 1024x768. And there will be no graphics acceleration, any software that requires graphics acceleration will not work.

Ok thanks ,i will close the thread until i ll upgrade my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back