Asus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
CPU: Intel i5-2500k Sandy Bridge
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 (BIOS Rev 3602)
Graphics: ASUS Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 120gb Transcend SSD

I was able to install Mojave following the 10.14 Installation Guide and didn't run into any issues. I didn't use a DSDT or anything and installation was a breeze.

After installation, I went through the recommended Multibeast settings (and many different combinations) but haven't been able to get Mojave to boot on its own. Once the system is up, I can eject my boot USB and everything runs perfectly. Unless I use the USB w/ Clover to start the machine, I get an error that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

In my boot menu options, I get two entries for "Mac Os X" that are both UEFI which is odd. I've tried both with the same result.

I am booting UEFI, not legacy.

Did you install Clover to the partition where you installed Mojave on? If not you need to that to make your hard drive or SSD bootable. Get the latest Clover version and select Mojave as your target after the install is done use EFI mounter and mount both your USB EFI partition and your Mojave EFI partition, delete the EFI folder on the new partition, now copy the EFI folder from your USB and paste it inside the EFI partition you just created, go to your BIOS boot order and set the newly created bootable partition as the first drive to boot from.

In my boot menu options, I get two entries for "Mac Os X" that are both UEFI which is odd. I've tried both with the same result.
You need an entry to load Clover, those Mac OS X entries are from Apple and don't work on UEFI.

Most firmware's will boot from an internal drive's /EFI/BOOT path deterministically if nothing else is installed.

If yours does not you can add an entry to boot /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI using the efibootmgr command from EFI-booted Linux (e.g. Ubuntu). Otherwise boot Clover from external media where /EFI/BOOT is the only valid path.

CPU: Intel i5-2500k Sandy Bridge
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 (BIOS Rev 3602)
Graphics: ASUS Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 120gb Transcend SSD

I was able to install Mojave following the 10.14 Installation Guide and didn't run into any issues. I didn't use a DSDT or anything and installation was a breeze.

After installation, I went through the recommended Multibeast settings (and many different combinations) but haven't been able to get Mojave to boot on its own. Once the system is up, I can eject my boot USB and everything runs perfectly. Unless I use the USB w/ Clover to start the machine, I get an error that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

I am booting UEFI, not legacy.

It may be simpler to just reinstall clover in your hard drive with legacy boot settings and boot that way. UEFI is unreliable on older Mobos. I’ve had same issue with z68 boards. Some work. Some don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back