Contribute
Register

Mojave on Z490 Vision G (10850k)+ RX580 Clover or Opencore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 6300
CPU
i5-3740
Graphics
GT720
Hi all,
Im trying to build this new mobo with Mojave because I need some 32bit apps that wont work on Catalina or Big Sur.

The question is, is it even possible to install Mojave on this new architecture?
If so, which route should I go? Clover or Opencore ?

Or could I reuse my working Mojave SSD (Ga-Z77-dsh3), modify EFI partition with files for my new mobo and call it a day? or is it more complicated that that?

Thanks a lot.
Any help appreciated.

So I created an install USB with Catalina to see if It was able to boot and install and check everything was fine.
(For now I only used internal GPU, waiting for the RX 580 to arrive)

Everything went smooth I used EFI I found on a Github page from Schmocklord.

I just added generated serial number and added it to the config.plist, and that's it.
GA-Z490 Vision G +iGPU +10850k running Catalina.

I cloned my old Mojave drive to another spare SSD. I copy the working Catalina EFI to the Mojave EFI but it wont boot.
I get to the boot screen select Mojave drive and as soon as I hit Enter I get the Stop/Prohibited sign... and that's it.

I have no idea where I go from here...
I read somewhere about CPU spoofing or something but I'm not sure what that is.

Any clues what to try out?

Hi all,
Im trying to build this new mobo with Mojave because I need some 32bit apps that wont work on Catalina or Big Sur.

The question is, is it even possible to install Mojave on this new architecture?
If so, which route should I go? Clover or Opencore ?

Or could I reuse my working Mojave SSD (Ga-Z77-dsh3), modify EFI partition with files for my new mobo and call it a day? or is it more complicated that that?

Thanks a lot.
Any help appreciated.

Using a supported graphics card like a RX 580 it SHOULD be possible to run Mojave on a Z490 system with Intel 10th generation CPU, as demonstrated by this thread :

You should be able to reuse your Mojave installation but you will need to use OpenCore (like what you did with your Catalina install) as plain old Clover (before version 5124) won't work on your system.

Thanks for the tip I will look into that post.!

I did use Opencore for the catalina install usb. I used that same EFI folder on my Mojave SSD, but it wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back