GA-P55-UD3L rev 2.3, socket LGA 1156, 16 GB DDR3
CPU
Intel Core I7 860 @t 2.93 MgHz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 GV-N75TOC-2GI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I want to ask would I be able to run Mojave on my hardware ? I am now on High Sierra, and I am using my Hack for music production with Logic X. I don't have any resources trouble doing this. High Sierra runs like a charm. Even when I work with Logic , I don't use more 30-40 % of my CPU for very big projects, by the way I am working. I am converting every instrument in audio file . After setting some insert effects on the converted audio channel, I am converting the processed channels again to audio. When need use some freezes to. I am running very big projects over a hundred tracks in sequencer and over 10 Bus Channels with effects ( like, verbs, delays, bus compressors ) they cannot be freezed.

My questions are would I be able to run Mojave smoothly ,because I have seen a people , who are able to run on older configurations. Or it is time to renew my Hardware ?

you will probably have problems with your GPU.
The rest of the rig should work without problems.
probably time to upgrade your GPU

@Trigue, your GTX 750 Ti will work with Mojave. However, you'll have to wait for the Nvidia drivers.

What system definition are you using? Mojave supports a new set of Macs than High Sierra.

Finally, since you use your hackintosh for production tasks, I recommend you wait until 10.14.3 is released. First, for Apple to get the major bugs out and your app manufacturers to get their apps updated and remove bugs. Second, for the hackintosh community to mature its tool set.

I can use every system definition I want :). For now I am using the the closesst one to my configuration Imac Mid 2010

I can use every system definition I want :). For now I am using the the closesst one to my configuration Imac Mid 2010
You need to use a newer system definition.
macOS Mojave supports:
  • MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable GPU, including MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 and Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580)

So, how I understand if I don't use some of the system settings from the list. After Successful installation, and installing all needed kexts, setting .dsts and the drivers for my version of Nvidia. I will be not able to boot the system with my system definition ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back