Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody! I'm currently running Mavericks OS X 10.9.3 and want to do fresh instal of Mojave on different SSD.
I have successfully created USB drive UEFI Boot Mode with Graphics configuration for nVidia. I'm able to boot into UniBeast installer, however it wont let me run OS X instal only shows Apple Logo and restarts the system. (plug into USB 2) I've tried to boot in -v mode, but I'm unable to read since it's scrolling with lightning speed and restarts again. Could you please help me figure out how can I boot into OSX installer? What boot flags should I use? Thank you in advance!

My hardware is:

Intel DX79SI Logic Board
CPU Intel 3.2 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 120 GB

I've tried to boot in -v mode, but I'm unable to read since it's scrolling with lightning speed and restarts again.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

BreBo thank you for fast reply!!! It really helped, it seems in the last four lines. HID Legacy Shim2 What is exacly I need to reconfigure it in bios?

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
For the Mojave install of Intel x79 series motherboard , EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)is essential , otherwise there would be endless kernel panic .

Attachments

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
    21.9 KB · Views: 167
For the Mojave install of Intel x79 series motherboard , EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)is essential , otherwise there would be endless kernel panic .
triston, thank you for advice !!! I'll try it right now and come back shortly with output.

It won't even see flash drive in different BIOS configs, I can't really figure it out what causing it, as I've tried several options partitioning USB drive with 'GUID Partition Map' when it created two partitions EFI and Instal Mojave one. I've put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in EFI partition of USB drive and on another MultiBeast. Then I tried erasing USB in 'Master Boot Record'. On that one was one partition disk with EFI folder and OSX Instal.

triston, thank you for advice !!! I'll try it right now and come back shortly with output.
In the BIOS settings , you just have to enable UEFI boot , as for other settings , default would be just OK , even the vt-d is enabled , no problems show up .
For your reference.

It won't even see flash drive in different BIOS configs, I can't really figure it out what causing it, as I've tried several options partitioning USB drive with 'GUID Partition Map' when it created two partitions EFI and Instal Mojave one. I've put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in EFI partition of USB drive and on another MultiBeast. Then I tried erasing USB in 'Master Boot Record'. On that one was one partition disk with EFI folder and OSX Instal.

The Intel DX79 series have only a basic UEFI boot support , so you can not find UEFI boot USB in the BIOS , even when you press "F10" the moment motherboard boots , you may only find boot items such as [UEFI Internal Harddisk] ,you may use "Bootice" tool to add your own UEFI boot item(1st,you use this tool to mount the EFI partition of your USB, 2nd you select the "UEFI" tab , and you can add your own \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI to the motherboard UEFI boot menu,3rd you can adjust the priority of boot items).

triton, I had some progress today with EFI-DX79TO... folder you sent me, edit it using EFI Mounter v3-2, it work like a charm, I was able to mount my usb EFI partition, edit it and lunch CLOVER. Thanks for that!!!!
Formatted my Windows target drive to GUID partition table and got to OS X installation process. Then before 2 min remained I got message "An error occurred validating this installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete."
I've tried trick described in forum, buy replacing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Even reassemble USB stick with OS X 10.14.4, but unfortunately it didn't worked. Also tried to enable RTX profile 1 in BIOS Ram section, computer could boot. Trying profile 2 resulted in blinking cyan stripes on display. I'm currently searching for other options in the forum for now.

Last edited:
you
triton, I had some progress today with EFI-DX79TO... folder you sent me, edit it using EFI Mounter v3-2, it work like a charm, I was able to mount my usb EFI partition, edit it and lunch CLOVER. Thanks for that!!!!
Formatted my Windows target drive to GUID partition table and got to OS X installation process. Then before 2 min remained I got message "An error occurred validating this installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete."
I've tried trick described in forum, buy replacing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Even reassemble USB stick with OS X 10.14.4, but unfortunately it didn't worked. Also tried to enable RTX profile 1 in BIOS Ram section, computer could boot. Trying profile 2 resulted in blinking cyan stripes on display. I'm currently searching for other options in the forum for now.
Obviously , this problem has nothing to do with the installer file . Your CPU and video card is different from mine ,esp. the video card , also you MOBO is slightly different from mine (the DSDT, SSDT files should change to your own ones ,or just hot patches ), you may take these things into consideration.Wish you good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back