Asus ROG G771JW
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello there to everyone,

this is my first try of installing an osx on my laptop and so far i succeded to have a functional mojave on it but also i have some tiny things that i want to fix.
1. my graphic card doesnt work properly, i have an intel hd4600 and here is the problem: when the osx is booting and getting to the login screen the image is very glitchy like the resolution is not right but if i hold the power button for 2 second i get it to standby i guess and if i press the enter button after that the image is back to normal but in some apps i still see some glitches and also i wanna say that on overview it says that it has 1536MB so its active. On System information on graphic section i get 3 cards on GPU, one is Display PCIe, and the others 2 is the same card Intel hd Graphics 4600 Built-In, so i guess that probably doenst have to appear twice. Also my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M doesnt work at all.
2. My audio card it sounds perfect, but the problem is that it doesnt save my choice, and after a restart the default is set to Headphones (Black Right) instead of Speakers (Analog)
3. My card reader doesnt work - RealTek Semiconductor RTS5287 PCI-E Card Reader
4. On HDMI i can use it for image but the sound is not working

So here is what is working and what i have used, maybe is usefull to someone:

1. Intel Haswell-MB GT2 HD4600 - working, but with bugs as i said
1.1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M - doesnt work
2. Realtek High Definition Audio - working perfect, but with the thing that after a restart the default (VoodooHDA.kext)
2.2 HDMI Audio - doesnt work
3. ASUS Touchpad/Mouse/Keyboard - working perfect (Elan ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext)
4. Bluetooth - working perfect and i use an Asus dongle with BCM920702 Chipset and i hade to modify USBInjectAll.kext because of a conflict with my integrated Intel Chipset
5. LAN - working perfect with RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (RealtekRTL8111.kext)
6. Wireless - working but the speed is very low, around 1.5MB on download and i use a TP-LINK dongle with Realtek Chipset (RtWlanU1827.kext)
7. Display Brightness - working perfect (AsusNBFnKeys.kext and DSDT patch)
8. Battery - working perfect (ACPIBatteryManager.kext and DSDT patch)
9. Webcam - working perfect (USBInjectAll.kext)
10. Card Reader - RealTek Semiconductor RTS5287 PCI-E Card Reader i dont know how to make it work
11. Keyboard Backlight and FN Keys - working perfect (AsusNBFnKeys.kext and DSDT patch)
12. iCloud, iMessages and Facetime - working perfect after i used the BSD Device Names fix

I hope that someone can help me with some fixes and with an answer for what WIFI-Bluetooh Combo to buy so i can replace my Intel WIFI-Bluetooth Combo witch i think that is on PCIe and to have a perfect 5GHz WIFI and a 4.0/4.1 Bluetooth

Thank you all,
Cornel

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello there to everyone,

this is my first try of installing an osx on my laptop and so far i succeded to have a functional mojave on it but also i have some tiny things that i want to fix.
1. my graphic card doesnt work properly, i have an intel hd4600 and here is the problem: when the osx is booting and getting to the login screen the image is very glitchy like the resolution is not right but if i hold the power button for 2 second i get it to standby i guess and if i press the enter button after that the image is back to normal but in some apps i still see some glitches and also i wanna say that on overview it says that it has 1536MB so its active. On System information on graphic section i get 3 cards on GPU, one is Display PCIe, and the others 2 is the same card Intel hd Graphics 4600 Built-In, so i guess that probably doenst have to appear twice. Also my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M doesnt work at all.
2. My audio card it sounds perfect, but the problem is that it doesnt save my choice, and after a restart the default is set to Headphones (Black Right) instead of Speakers (Analog)
3. My card reader doesnt work - RealTek Semiconductor RTS5287 PCI-E Card Reader
4. On HDMI i can use it for image but the sound is not working

So here is what is working and what i have used, maybe is usefull to someone:

1. Intel Haswell-MB GT2 HD4600 - working, but with bugs as i said
1.1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M - doesnt work
2. Realtek High Definition Audio - working perfect, but with the thing that after a restart the default (VoodooHDA.kext)
2.2 HDMI Audio - doesnt work
3. ASUS Touchpad/Mouse/Keyboard - working perfect (Elan ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext)
4. Bluetooth - working perfect and i use an Asus dongle with BCM920702 Chipset and i hade to modify USBInjectAll.kext because of a conflict with my integrated Intel Chipset
5. LAN - working perfect with RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (RealtekRTL8111.kext)
6. Wireless - working but the speed is very low, around 1.5MB on download and i use a TP-LINK dongle with Realtek Chipset (RtWlanU1827.kext)
7. Display Brightness - working perfect (AsusNBFnKeys.kext and DSDT patch)
8. Battery - working perfect (ACPIBatteryManager.kext and DSDT patch)
9. Webcam - working perfect (USBInjectAll.kext)
10. Card Reader - RealTek Semiconductor RTS5287 PCI-E Card Reader i dont know how to make it work
11. Keyboard Backlight and FN Keys - working perfect (AsusNBFnKeys.kext and DSDT patch)
12. iCloud, iMessages and Facetime - working perfect after i used the BSD Device Names fix

I hope that someone can help me with some fixes and with an answer for what WIFI-Bluetooh Combo to buy so i can replace my Intel WIFI-Bluetooth Combo witch i think that is on PCIe and to have a perfect 5GHz WIFI and a 4.0/4.1 Bluetooth

Thank you all,
Cornel
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Asus ROG G771JW
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is my debug file, i hope it helps.

Thank you again,
Cornel

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus ROG G771JW
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
What do you think is not right on my plist? i mean my system is starting, i only having problems with those 4 points, and my big problem is the graphic card.

I have read what you gave me, i have folowed all the steps on creating the installer usb, on copying the kext that i need, on patching the clover and dsdt as a result to make everything that now is working.

I'm really sorry if i'm annoing, i know that maybe for you is not a very big pleasure to "give that, show that" to someone new, but i'm here to understand and learn.

Thanks again,
Cornel

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
What do you think is not right on my plist? i mean my system is starting, i only having problems with those 4 points, and my big problem is the graphic card.
Had you used a plist from the guide, your Intel IGPU would be working.

Motherboard
Asus ROG G771JW
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
Had you used a plist from the guide, your Intel IGPU would be working.
Yes. i have used config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist with ig-platform-id: 0xa260006 and it has the same problem

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes. i have used config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist
The files you attached in post #3 prove your assertion false.

It also shows incorrect CPU PM, wrong ACPI patching, backlight control not implemented, and kexts installed to the wrong location.

Motherboard
Asus ROG G771JW
CPU
i7 4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
The files you attached in post #3 prove your assertion false.

It also shows incorrect CPU PM, wrong ACPI patching, and kexts installed to the wrong location.
in the uploaded file is the config.plist made by me ... after you told me to use the correct plist starter i have downloaded your plist and use it. as for the CPU PM, ACPI patching, backlight control i just used what i have founded on internet and was for some model like my laptop ... and for the kext as well ... This is all of what i'm capable of and i would be greatful and very thankful if you can help me to sort this out.

Thank you for your time,
Cornel

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
after you told me to use the correct plist starter i have downloaded your plist and use it.
Any change requires new PR files.
None attached.

Note that a few of your other issues are addressed in the FAQ (which you probably did not read):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your audio "not remembering settings" issue is likely due to incorrect NVRAM implementation.
Don't forget that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires "RC scripts" (see Clover installer options).
But maybe you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi at all (in which case native NVRAM may work).