Contribute
Register

Mojave on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
9900k + iGPU i'd do imac19,2. many people report better power management. i'm running imac19,1 on both my gigabyte z370n-8700k and this asrock z390 PG/i5 9400 and both work great, iGPUs recognized and working. both have dGPUs though, 19,2 should in theory be better for iGPU

v4.00 BIOS is out for this board. Unclear why the version jump, but our bug is still there.

Hi there
I am running 1.50 without any problems except than Native NVRam is not working so I use EmuNvram
What is your experience of v4.00
Is there any point in upgrading?
Thank you/

Hi there
I am running 1.50 without any problems except than Native NVRam is not working so I use EmuNvram
What is your experience of v4.00
Is there any point in upgrading?
Thank you/
Honestly I didn't really notice anything. It works just like the previous ones did.

Hello,
I am running the Z390 - ITX board, with an i7-8700 and 32GB Ram, and am using, or trying to, the onboard graphics.
I was having trouble until I downgraded the BIOS to v1.20, then I finally got the install to work, however;
The graphics are having problems. When I move a window, it leaves behind large artifacts (i.e., roughly 10% of the window just 'stays where it was'). This happens both with HDMI and DisplayPort.
Has anyone else had this issue? I am wondering if it is my SMBIOS version. I am using the default mac-pro 14.2 but I have read that the iMac 19.2 would be better. Could this fix my issue, or do I need to look deeper?
I know UNIX pretty well but this is a little new to me and I am not quite sure how to troubleshoot.

Thanks to all those who help us newbies out!

Hello,
I am running the Z390 - ITX board, with an i7-8700 and 32GB Ram, and am using, or trying to, the onboard graphics.
I was having trouble until I downgraded the BIOS to v1.20, then I finally got the install to work, however;
The graphics are having problems. When I move a window, it leaves behind large artifacts (i.e., roughly 10% of the window just 'stays where it was'). This happens both with HDMI and DisplayPort.
Has anyone else had this issue? I am wondering if it is my SMBIOS version. I am using the default mac-pro 14.2 but I have read that the iMac 19.2 would be better. Could this fix my issue, or do I need to look deeper?
I know UNIX pretty well but this is a little new to me and I am not quite sure how to troubleshoot.

Thanks to all those who help us newbies out!

Newbie here as well.
Which BIOS version did you downgrade from?
I have the ver 4.0 and Asrock says that it can't be downgraded unless you have windows installed. Have the similar set up as yours.

Newbie here as well.
Which BIOS version did you downgrade from?
I have the ver 4.0 and Asrock says that it can't be downgraded unless you have windows installed. Have the similar set up as yours.
I had v1.5. I tried the Fix that was documented for non v1.2 BIOS Versions but I could not get it to work for me. I downgraded the BIOS to v1.2 and I could finally load the OS. Right now, my only problem is the graphics.

I had v1.5. I tried the Fix that was documented for non v1.2 BIOS Versions but I could not get it to work for me. I downgraded the BIOS to v1.2 and I could finally load the OS. Right now, my only problem is the graphics.

Thanks for the reply. Good luck.

Hey all, I have to admit I've read the start and end of this thread but not all of it!

I'm looking to combine my interest in Hackintosh with my interest in SFFPCs. I'm looking to build an extremely small Hackintosh based on the "Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX". I chose this board mainly cause it has Wifi, Bluetooth and Thunderbolt built into an mITX board and is somewhat Hackintosh compatible. My priorities are size, connectivity, silent running and stability, not speed. For size I'm intending to use:
  • Integrated graphics
  • M.2 SSD
  • Onboard WiFi
  • Onboard Bluetooth
  • Onboard Audio (via both direct outputs and via HDMI/DisplayPort)
  • Onboard Thunderbolt 3
I'd like a vanilla install but don't know if that would be possible.

Can you guys tell me what works and what doesn't, how difficult it is to get stuff working stable, including anything I've committed from my list?

Honestly I didn't really notice anything. It works just like the previous ones did.
Hello! could you help me? My MB was at BIOS 4.0 for 1 wk with almost everything worked, except thunderbolt, I have no type-C device to test thunderbolt. However, several days ago, I tried to boot with a USB flash drive in win 10, to check the thunderbolt interface in windows devices manager. Without a thunderbolt device plugin, nothing show up there, no thunderbolt interface was noted, tech-service from Asrock confirmed this. Then, things went sour, I lost the ability to wake from sleep after the win 10 experiment. The hack goes to sleep smoothly and easily to be waked with BT devices, however, only the fans star to spin, no signal to the screen. The hack was totally hanged with fans spinning and the red leds of MB breathed slowly, even lost trace in the local network.
My build:
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
i7-8700
ADATA 3000 DDR4 16GB at 2666.
BCM943602CS in NGFF to M2 E-key adaptor
WD SN 750 M2 SSD

Any idea ? Thanks!

OK! Turns out it's a conflict between VirtualSMC and Clover v.4961. Switched to FakeSMC solved the problem.

Last edited:
Any idea ? Thanks!

OK! Turns out it's a conflict between VirtualSMC and Clover v.4961. Switched to FakeSMC solved the problem.
Glad you got it sorted out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back