Contribute
Register

Mojave on an old HP Z420 (quadro K2000), first hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I actually have found an old workstation ( HP Z420, with xeon e5 1620 v2, 32Gb ram and a NVIDIA quadro k2000), I was wondering if I could install Hackintosh on it (it would be my very first hackintosh, I've already look for my questions on thi forum, but i've not found some new threads, so I'm asking now).

Can I install Mojave? There are some things to do before the guide here on Tonymac (some special driver)?

I know that the PC is not very powerfull, and that the GPU is very old ( if it could be better I also have a AMD r7 265.. a sort of 7790).

Sorry for my bad english

It should work with Mojave as even the K2000 GPU has support. Try the install with what you've got. There are also some HP workstation guides here on this site that will get you started. First though read the Mojave installation guide.

It should work with Mojave as even the K2000 GPU has support. Try the install with what you've got. There are also some HP workstation guides here on this site that will get you started. First though read the Mojave installation guide.

Thank you for your answer.
So, you are suggesting me to install it without any custom kext or other?
Just following the guide?

Thank you for your answer.
So, you are suggesting me to install it without any custom kext or other?
Just following the guide?
Yes, start with that approach. If you find that some things are not working after the post install then research the various HP workstation threads that can help you figure things out for your specific hardware.

I have that GPU and installed Mojave 10.14.6 successfully without any kext for gpu. But I can't remember the exact config at the moment.

Asus Z8NA-D6
Dual L5640
Quadro K2000
Ok, great!
So I can try with the standard installation!
Only one thing.. I have already a Mac (An old iMac 2012), but it's not compatible with Mojave, so I can not download it form the AppStore..
Is there a method to download Mojave?

Last edited:
mmh.. sorry, I've checked in this moment.. I've bought it in 2012, but it0s a "late 2011" model.

ok, so i've to install High Sierra.

I'll try as soon as possible.

Thank you !

I have that GPU and installed Mojave 10.14.6 successfully without any kext for gpu. But I can't remember the exact config at the moment.

Asus Z8NA-D6
Dual L5640
Quadro K2000
Do I have to install webdrivers?
On Nvidia website i can not find anything for quadro k2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back