Contribute
Register

Mojave on a NUC8i5BEK - bootup stuck at apple logo (at the end of loading bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NUC8i5BEK-0064
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I tried using this guide

I have 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, and 16GB RAM.

I tried RehabMan's guide all night last night and I made the bootable USB, and Mojave booted on the computer but it got stuck right at the end of the loading bar with the apple logo. I left it all night and it was still stuck there.

My kexts were: fakeSMC, USBInjectAll, Lilu, WhateverGreen, IntelMausiEthernet

I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi. I made sure Legacy boot was on.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. What should I post so it will be easier for everyone to know the problem?

Last edited:
I have 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, and 16GB RAM.

I tried RehabMan's guide all night last night and I made the bootable USB, and Mojave booted on the computer but it got stuck right at the end of the loading bar with the apple logo. I left it all night and it was still stuck there.

My kexts were: fakeSMC, USBInjectAll, Lilu, WhateverGreen, IntelMausiEthernet

I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi. I made sure Legacy boot was on.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. What should I post so it will be easier for everyone to know the problem?

I used this config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 281
I am having the same issue here, may be the new bios version cause this. But I failed to downgrade the bios.

I ran into same. Using the latest Clover to build the installation USB and adding the text detailed in the following to my config.plist fixed it for me. The comment says that they're using BIOS v66 though I downgraded mine to v56:

I believe (but haven't tested) that it now works with BIOS v71.

It's well worth reading the thread as well as the body text.

Hi sorry, I put in my hardware. I only know that I bought a NUC8i5BEK and put in 16 RAM and a Samsung 970 Evo SSD. Hopefully my hardware profile looks alright

Your hardware is identical to mine and mine is running well albeit with a few quirks which may or may not just be down to Mojave being flaky.

I am having the same issue here, may be the new bios version cause this. But I failed to downgrade the bios.

The following comment explains how to downgrade your BIOS.

I'm using v56 successfully. Others are using v66 but the important thing seems to be including the following in your config.plist:

The following comment explains how to downgrade your BIOS.

I'm using v56 successfully. Others are using v66 but the important thing seems to be including the following in your config.plist:

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back