Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MBPro 2019 16" offiial Catalina only I want Mojave
CPU
i9 2.4Ghz 8 core
Graphics
Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb
Hi I want to run Mojave on my latest Catalina only MB Pro 16" Apple say it won't work and I hacked the Mojove install but mounting the internal drive onto an older Mac to get Mojave installed. I get an Apple and the bar but at the bar 90% through I get the circle with a slash No Go. Apple barred it.

Presumably, I could do a Hackintosh install. Would there be any downside or one I have the patch to get past the load bar everything will look normal mac?

ANY TIPS?

Hi I want to run Mojave on my latest Catalina only MB Pro 16" Apple say it won't work and I hacked the Mojove install but mounting the internal drive onto an older Mac to get Mojave installed. I get an Apple and the bar but at the bar 90% through I get the circle with a slash No Go. Apple barred it.

Presumably, I could do a Hackintosh install. Would there be any downside or one I have the patch to get past the load bar everything will look normal mac?

ANY TIPS?
i have moved your post to MacBook Pro section

i doubt that you can install Mojave on it

i have moved your post to MacBook Pro section

i doubt that you can install Mojave on it

Have to agree. I tried this ages ago on my old iMac. There are no drivers included in previous macOS versions for later hardware. How can there be? So it just doesn't work. This is why Hackintoshing on PC hardware is so much more fun. Endless possibilities!

Have to agree. I tried this ages ago on my old iMac. There are no drivers included in previous macOS versions for later hardware. How can there be? So it just doesn't work. This is why Hackintoshing on PC hardware is so much more fun. Endless possibilities!
also i think there was another thread like this a few weeks back trying to accomplish the same thing with no success

Perhaps run Catalina with Mojave in a VM ?

I was able to almost make this work using Mojave Patcher and a 2020 13" Macbook Pro (16,3). They key was to use Mojave Patcher's Post Install tool and check "Boot.plist patch."

It worked really great - except for Wifi, trackpad gestures and touch ID. The first two were deal breakers. I spent quite awhile trying various kexts from Catalina, but could not get WiFi or the trackpad gestures.

You might get further along depending what hardware changes there were between the 2019 and 20 models. I'm guessing you'll at least get it as far as I did - since both are using Coffee Lake.

I was able to almost make this work using Mojave Patcher and a 2020 13" Macbook Pro (16,3). They key was to use Mojave Patcher's Post Install tool and check "Boot.plist patch."

It worked really great - except for Wifi, trackpad gestures and touch ID. The first two were deal breakers. I spent quite awhile trying various kexts from Catalina, but could not get WiFi or the trackpad gestures.

You might get further along depending what hardware changes there were between the 2019 and 20 models. I'm guessing you'll at least get it as far as I did - since both are using Coffee Lake.
hey, can you guide me on how you did this? i have the 2019 macbook pro 16”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back