Contribute
Register

Mojave - Natively supported Wifi for Airdrop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My research has shown that alot of cards have issues if they're not in pcie 1. I'm welcome to hearing your advice.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.58.04 PM.png

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

Directly to my MB since its supported. Luckily, there is enough space between the slot and the GPU card.

So you are plugging this into any pcie slot? How can I find out if my MB (motherboard right?) is supported?

I'm trying to understand so that hopefully I can do the same thing.

So you are plugging this into any pcie slot? How can I find out if my MB (motherboard right?) is supported?

I'm trying to understand so that hopefully I can do the same thing.

Initially, i got to know that my Motherboard supports it by searching for the MB manual guide online. You know the model of your motherboard, right :)

Why would any of these cards be limited to only working in x1 slots? PCI-e should be forward and backwards compatible. I've even jury rigged video cards in to x1 slots and it worked.

Btw, BCM94360CSAX and BCM94360CS2 also work fine.

The issue with the 94360CD is that bluetooth on these cards only seems to work properly when in a X1 slot.

Last edited:
The issue with the 94360CD is that bluetooth on these cards only seems to work when in a X1 slot.

Bluetooth on all of these cards are not wired to the PCI-e slots. They all have cables that are connected to internal USB headers. Even if you don't plug the card in to a PCI-e slot and just provide power and plug the cable to USB, Bluetooth should work.

Wow they're a lot cheaper Mspec, thank you! I'll get one of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back