Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i5
Graphics
gt650
I am looking for a natively supported wifi card that is capable of handling Airdrop. I would be great if its tested on Mojave and is
PCI Express. Recommendations?

Broadcom 94360CD gives you Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Airdrop. There are others but this is the one I use.

Does this need to be plugged into the pcie 1 slot? Mine is currently covered by my gpu. Do you know if there is a work around for me?

i just noticed it also include bluetooth. is the bluetooth nativley functional as well on Mojave? if so ill order it now!

Why would any of these cards be limited to only working in x1 slots? PCI-e should be forward and backwards compatible. I've even jury rigged video cards in to x1 slots and it worked.

Btw, BCM94360CSAX and BCM94360CS2 also work fine.

Why would any of these cards be limited to only working in x1 slots? PCI-e should be forward and backwards compatible. I've even jury rigged video cards in to x1 slots and it worked.

so far i have recommendations for:
BCM94360CSAX
BCM94360CS2
BCM94360CD

Which one would possibly be future proof i.e. Mojave+ and native compatability for wifi and bluetooth IYO

My research has shown that alot of cards have issues if they're not in pcie 1. I'm welcome to hearing your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back