CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Starting this new thread since the High Sierra thread on the same topic is quite long now (great info though) and I'm interested in getting info and helping others with decisions on adding a 10Gb ethernet card to a new Mojave build. Many of the solutions for High Sierra required flashing AQ cards firmware with MacOS 10.13.3 before they would work. Many of us not only don't have access to that earlier version of MacOS, we're now wanting OOB solutions for Mojave builds. I don't have a solution yet, but if you read the later posts in the HS thread here you will see that there appear to be 3 options that 'just work' without any technical flashing or firmware editing steps. The three options seem to be:

1. Synology E10G18-T1
2. Sonnet Solo10G
3. Asustor AST-10G

If anyone has any experience with these cards under Mojave then it would be great to hear from you!

So I got the Solo10G from Sonnet installed and it doesn't work with 10.14.1. Since my build is new as of the last couple days, 10.14.1 was what I had to install. The entire system works and is great. Even the onboard intel 1g ethernet works. But the Solo10G, which is supposed to be native with MacOS OOB doesn't work. The card is recognized as an Aquantia ethernet card and it shows up under 'Ethernet cards' in the System Report, but the actual connection shows as 'cable not connected'. I know the cable works as I can simply move it to the 1g port and it picks up an IP address right away. But I get no link light on the Solo10G. I've tried all the kext patches on the various threads references this chipset. None of them work. Very disappointing.

Returned the Solo10G-T PCIe card to Sonnet. I have the Thunderbolt 3 version of this product coming tomorrow. Since I have a Titan Ridge card installed and working in my build I'm going to try to get 10G ethernet via TB3 using that adapter. Anyone else tried this?

Just tried my new Sonnet Solo10G thunderbolt 3 adapter. This time, as opposed to their PCIe card I also tried, I got link lights on the TB3 adapter. But Mojave System Preferences still showed the new ethernet network connection as 'cable not connected'. Again, it feels like there might be something that I could do to force MacOS to register this network connection but I just don't know enough about the Hackintosh networking to try to fix it. When I look in System Report 'Network' I don't see my TB3 adapter listed as an ethernet connection at all. My onboard Intel ethernet is eth0, WiFi is listed as eth1, and my Bluetooth PAN connection is eth3.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might resolve this? Are these TB3 adapters just not an option under any circumstance?

Thanks for updating the thread with your progress, even though no one responded.

I already have an Intel X540-T2 in my NAS, Asus XG-C100C in PC workstation and a Sonnet Solo10G TB3 for my MBP.

Trying to decide which way to go. I could just sell my XG-C100C and pay extra to get an Akitio 10G NIC with official support since B&H sell them for $135 USD.

I didn't know about the Akitio option when I was trying to solve this. Not sure it was available at that time. Perhaps you could try it and update the thread with how it goes? As I said, I ended up with the x540-T2 as my solution and that has worked well. But the card cost $199 so if the Akitio works then that could be less expensive option for others. Good luck.

Gave up on TB3. Installed and modded the Intel X540-T2 card as per instructions in other threads. Finally got that working on Mojave with Smalltree drivers.
Could you tell me what thread did get it, please?

Could you tell me what thread did get it, please?

TonyMac forums don't seem to like it when you link to other site instructions. I got temporarily banned here by just trying to help someone like you with a link to specific instructions. However, if you google "Hackintosh mod Intel x540" the top two links are to a TonyMac thread and a Macrumors thread. Those should give you all you need to make this work. The MR thread specifically has instructions for modding the x540 using Linux. That worked for me. But be careful to do it exactly right or you risk bricking your card.

TonyMac forums don't seem to like it when you link to other site instructions. I got temporarily banned here by just trying to help someone like you with a link to specific instructions. However, if you google "Hackintosh mod Intel x540" the top two links are to a TonyMac thread and a Macrumors thread. Those should give you all you need to make this work. The MR thread specifically has instructions for modding the x540 using Linux. That worked for me. But be careful to do it exactly right or you risk bricking your card.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I ve got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back