Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G (DDR5)
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hello dear community,

in preparation for installing BigSur some time in the future, I am trying to move my existing Mojave installation from Clover to OpenCore, and I ran into a strange problem there.

Currently I CAN boot my Mojave partition using the OpenCore boot of my BigSur install usb drive. It seems to be working with one exception: There is one of my hard drives missing or better, it is not recognized and I get the question if it should be formatted (while working fine, when booting with clover). All other drives (three SSDs and another rotating HD seem to work pretty good).

Does anyone have an idea what this may come from? What information do you pros need in order to probably be able to give me some useful advice?

Here's a couple of screen shots to begin with from the disk utility...

In clover (working):
Clover_1.png

Clover_2.png

In OpenCore (not working):
OpenCore_1.png

OpenCore_2.png

There is one difference that I just saw: The device tree path is different (Clover: /PCI0@0/SATA, OC: /PCI0@0/IDE1) but looking further, that is the same with the working (with both boot loaders) Toshiba drive. The difference however between the WD and the Toshiba is, that the WD has two partitions, but that's about it. Using OC, the drive seems not addressible at all, neither disk utility nor TechTool can even access the SMART status...

Any ideas anyone? What info do you need that I can provide?

Ok, it IS a DSDT problem. When I remove all my SSDT hot-patches from OC/ACPI and add my old DSDT.aml from clover instead, it all works. Now, I know, it is not 'recommended' to do this and we should rather let OC determine the hardware and just patch it afterwards... Should I put efford in finding out what to patch (I'm not really good at this...)? Alternatively, could any of you help me doing this?

Merry Christmas, by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back