Contribute
Register

Mojave Intel HD 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i updated the info.
Asus H170M-Plus + i5-6600.
  • codedmind Thank you for correcting your post adding your hardware specs to your Profile.
  • This makes it easier to analyze your computer symptom and diagnose it better and hopefully spot the root cause and suggest a fix.
  • The same computer symptom can have different causes with different hardware and the varying ways the system has been configured on the hardware.
  • It is not a good idea to enter an ongoing discussion of a computer symptom troubleshoot with a different hardware [Makes (brand names) of a MoBo or Graphics matter as the manufacturers can alter a few things with the component creating an unknown factor]. It is probably better to watch the discussion and try to apply the suggestion and if that does not work , make a separate post with all the relevant hardware details and how the Hackintosh is being built.
  • Graphics display depend upon the Graphics Chip, the BIOS settings and in Hackintosh ,contents of CLOVER folders like /kexts/Other and config.plist SECTIONS ACPI, Devices and Graphics
  • If you find a few of the suggestion you have tried sitting on the sidelines of an ongoing discussion is not getting you anywhere, it is time to start your own thread uploading the CLOVER from the System disk's EFI as a compressed file (zip) along with BIOS Graphics related options and providing details about your Monitor and and how that is connected to the Graphics port.
    • Be aware config.plist is a property list that depends for its job on all of the previously referred components.
    • If you change config.plist SECTIONS (as you are doing now) disregarding other components involved in Graphics Display, your troubleshoot will be sucked deeper into a whirlpool with no way out.
    • BIOS _ DVMT Pre-Allocated required for IGFX is usually 64M (ideally 128) with Primary Initial Display set as ENABLED.
    • Very often BIOS editing is neglected config.plist is beaten to death with unwanted changes as a troubleshoot even without adding required kexts in CLOVER/Other on which config.plist has to rely. I have seen them all in Forums.

• codedmind Thank you for correcting your post adding your hardware specs to your Profile.
  • This makes it easier to analyze your computer symptom and diagnose it better and hopefully spot the root cause and suggest a fix.
  • The same computer symptom can have different causes with different hardware and the varying ways the system has been configured on the hardware.
  • It is not a good idea to enter an ongoing discussion of a computer symptom troubleshoot with a different hardware [Makes (brand names) of a MoBo or Graphics matter as the manufacturers can alter a few things with the component creating an unknown factor]. It is probably better to watch the discussion and try to apply the suggestion and if that does not work , make a separate post with all the relevant hardware details and how the Hackintosh is being built.
  • Graphics display depend upon the Graphics Chip, the BIOS settings and in Hackintosh ,contents of CLOVER folders like /kexts/Other and config.plist SECTIONS ACPI, Devices and Graphics
  • If you find a few of the suggestion you have tried sitting on the sidelines of an ongoing discussion is not getting you anywhere, it is time to start your own thread uploading the CLOVER from the System disk's EFI as a compressed file (zip) along with BIOS Graphics related options and providing details about your Monitor and and how that is connected to the Graphics port.
    • Be aware config.plist is a property list that depends for its job on all of the previously referred components.
    • If you change config.plist SECTIONS (as you are doing now) disregarding other components involved in Graphics Display, your troubleshoot will be sucked deeper into a whirlpool with no way out.
    • BIOS _ DVMT Pre-Allocated required for IGFX is usually 64M (ideally 128) with Primary Initial Display set as ENABLED.
    • Very often BIOS editing is neglected config.plist is beaten to death with unwanted changes as a troubleshoot even without adding required kexts in CLOVER/Other on which config.plist has to rely. I have seen them all in Forums.
ok thanks for the info, i create a thread here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-h170m-plus-i5-6600.268488/

Uploaded images that could not be done because of Forum updates.

Attachments

• 1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 1.Peripherals_Initial Display Output.png
    1.Peripherals_Initial Display Output.png
    316.8 KB · Views: 465
  • 2.Chipset_Internal Graphics_DVMT Pre-Allocated.png
    2.Chipset_Internal Graphics_DVMT Pre-Allocated.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 471
  • 2.config.plist_ACPI1.png
    2.config.plist_ACPI1.png
    352.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 3.config.plist_ACPI2.png
    3.config.plist_ACPI2.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 4.config.plist_Boot.png
    4.config.plist_Boot.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 5.config.plist_Devices.png
    5.config.plist_Devices.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 469
  • 6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    225 KB · Views: 435
  • 8.config.plist_Rt Variables-CsrActiveConfig.png
    8.config.plist_Rt Variables-CsrActiveConfig.png
    267.9 KB · Views: 419
Hi, I have a z 170 pro gaming and 6700k, I am using the hd 530 graphics and everything is working well, except youtube or vimeo wont go over 1080p resolution. I am using a 2k monitor with native resolution. The monitor is connected via HDMI. Tried to connect via DP and it gives a black screen after boot. Does anyone know why I cant go over 1080p video?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have a z 170 pro gaming and 6700k, I am using the hd 530 graphics and everything is working well, except youtube or vimeo wont go over 1080p resolution. I am using a 2k monitor with native resolution. The monitor is connected via HDMI. Tried to connect via DP and it gives a black screen after boot. Does anyone know why I cant go over 1080p video?

Thanks in advance
What ig-platform-id value you are using in CLOVER/config.plist_Graphics?

Where do I find that value? Is it visible in clover? I can't find it on my config.plist...
EDIT
I think I found it but it is not selected, which one should I use?

Last edited:

Thanks in advance
Did you install the latest Whatevergreen and Lilu kext into /Library/Extensions?

Does Mojave work nicely with Intel Graphics HD530 as a VGA connector is in use???

You can ditch the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. I am running Mojave via GA-H170N-WIFI and Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 with Intel® HD Graphics 530 via DVI connector. Attached are my clover settings. Additionally, I've installed the following KEXTs:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.4.0
Lilu.kext v.1.2.7
USBInjectAll.kext v0.6.7
WhateverGreen.kext v.1.2.3

Does Mojave work nicely with Intel Graphics HD530 as a VGA connector is in use???
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

could you please help share and upload the kext files you installed into your hackintosh you posted here?

many thanks.

You can ditch the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. I am running Mojave via GA-H170N-WIFI and Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 with Intel® HD Graphics 530 via DVI connector. Attached are my clover settings. Additionally, I've installed the following KEXTs:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.4.0
Lilu.kext v.1.2.7
USBInjectAll.kext v0.6.7