CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there I already was lurking in the forum for a while and managed to setup a Hackintosh with High Sierra with:

CPU: intel core i5-6500
MB: Asrock h110m-dgs
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Now I want to get rid of the GPU and only use the IGPU.
It worked with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext on High Sierra with the IGPU only, but does not on Mojave.
I searched for a solution and tried to patch the intel frame buffer for a while, without a real success. It goes to as far of gIOLockscreenState, a black screen or the display shutting down.

Latest Whatevergreen, Lilu and Clover are installed.
The System is booting with -igfxvesa boot arg but without acceleration and with only 7mb VRAM.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,131
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,781
You can ditch the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. I am running Mojave via GA-H170N-WIFI and Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 with Intel® HD Graphics 530 via DVI connector. Attached are my clover settings. Additionally, I've installed the following KEXTs:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.4.0
Lilu.kext v.1.2.7
USBInjectAll.kext v0.6.7
WhateverGreen.kext v.1.2.3

Attachments

• Clover Settings.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,239
I'm seeing the same issue. HD 530 worked with High Sierra. In Mojave, the GPU shows in system report, but the connected display is blank and does not show in displays. I tried both DVI and DisplayPort. I haven't been able to make it work since the Mojave upgrade install. I haven't spent much time on it since my Radeon RX 580 is working fine, would like to have it working though.

Attachments

• Intel Graphics.png
    Intel Graphics.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 4,181
I'm seeing the same issue. HD 530 worked with High Sierra. In Mojave, the GPU shows in system report, but the connected display is blank and does not show in displays. I tried both DVI and DisplayPort. I haven't been able to make it work since the Mojave upgrade install. I haven't spent much time on it since my Radeon RX 580 is working fine, would like to have it working though.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ -- you may need to add a few Clover config.plist parameters to basically tell whatevergreen how many ports you actually have and their types. Choosing a System Definition and ig-platform-id that most closely match your actual hardware is also a big help for compatibility here.

Here are same problem after update I my PC 10.13.6 to 10.14 after successfully update pc restarted Andy clover boot screen show 4 Option 1st perboot FileVault, 2nd perboot, 3rd my boot drive MacOS high Sierra and last one recoveryHD, I select 3rd one and boot this time after a few seconds pc hang in gIOlockscreenstate. BUT I put FAKE ID x12345678 now I abe to boot but no sound and HD530 SHOW 7MB HOW TO FIX this . in 10.13.6 HS I NEVER USED LILU,WATVERGREEN etc. only two driver I used in clover
77BD6F61-9764-47DA-9CD0-8798F52A673A.jpeg
others folder fakeSMC, AND AppleALC. Help me

You can ditch the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. I am running Mojave via GA-H170N-WIFI and Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 with Intel® HD Graphics 530 via DVI connector. Attached are my clover settings. Additionally, I've installed the following KEXTs:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.4.0
Lilu.kext v.1.2.7
USBInjectAll.kext v0.6.7
WhateverGreen.kext v.1.2.3
I have the same motherboard. Does your HD530 on Mojave work at high resolutions such as 2560 x 1440?

I have the same motherboard. Does your HD530 on Mojave work at high resolutions such as 2560 x 1440?
Just connected my H170N-WIFI system to an Apple 30" Cinema Display and the only resolution I see is 1024 x 768. I guess this is the next troubleshooting task. ;)

Just connected my H170N-WIFI system to an Apple 30" Cinema Display and the only resolution I see is 1024 x 768. I guess this is the next troubleshooting task. ;)

Have you tried these settings in clover?

Attachments

• HD 530.plist
    484 bytes · Views: 3,135
Make sure you have Whatevergreen and Lilu installed.

Also, the onboard DVI only supports max resolution of 1920x1080. To get 4K, use HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back