Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGEBYTE GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
3.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 4095 MB
Ive installed by USB, unibeast and everything worked fine there. It shows the new OS bootable drive in Clover (the one on the USB since I've not run mutibeast yet)

When i start into it, everything looks fine, but then after getting to the end of the countdown, it just reboots and starts me back over. It doesn't seem to hang up anywhere along the process either, its just right at the end, rather than loading, it shuts down.

Running on a slightly older setup Z97M Gigbyte motherboard, i5 processor, Nvidia GeForce 740.

This all started because my El Capitan drive just stopped working one day (not the disk but the OS). Was having trouble with it, so i rebooted, and its been stuck in a halfway-to-boot on the Apple loading bar, and then immediate reboot. Couldn't figure that out either, so went with moving forward instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciate as I've been depending on this as my main computer and put myself in a crappy spot over this issue. Thanks!

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture showing the kernel panic information.

Was actually about to do this, and upon the next reboot, there was a new drive (originally botted from the Mojave HFS, and the following boot had an APFS drive in addition to the others with the Mojave logo).

This one booted into the system! I have an OS to work from now. Have no idea what happened different that fixed the issue, which sort of sucks, for anyone who runs into something similar.

Appreciate the fast response! Will update if anything recurs or I have any new problems just so there is a record of it.

It is probably the graphics card. I have an external GeForce GTX 770 that I used to plug to my Macbook through a thunderbolt cable, and with the update to Mojave whenever I try to do it, it always reboots without reaching the operating system. Apparently Apple has dropped support for CUDA and NVIDIA cards do not work at the moment. You would have to downgrade to High Sierra or wait for it to be sorted out (it's been months already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back