Contribute
Register

Mojave installed fine on top of High Sierra, but I think I messed up after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7700K
Graphics
GTX1080 Ti (SLI)
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After I heard it should be okay to install Mojave, I downloaded and installed it from the App Store. The install went well, and everything worked with the exception of no audio output from the PC. So I installed the latest Lilu and AppleALC kext files, and then installed the latest Clover (r4674). I rebooted and now the PC just hangs after loading from Clover. Below is the verbose output immediately after the Clover boot. Any ideas on what I can do next?

Clover_freeze.jpeg

Make sure that you have at least :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Make sure that you have at least :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
But I'm not able to boot to get into the system to do this? As soon as I leave Clover the above verbose text comes up and the system freezes.

But I'm not able to boot to get into the system to do this? As soon as I leave Clover the above verbose text comes up and the system freezes.

• Try booting with your Mojave USB Installer Flash disk to reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen and then switch to the " System Disk with its Sick EFI" and boot it hoping your USB Installer would assist with its EFI Folder contents the booting of the System disk to its login screen and onto the Desktop.
  • Once you reach the Desktop, do what P1LGRIM has advised.
  • If that is not possible, give us more information about your system.
    • Do you have a Windows 10 as dual boot?
  • If you have dual boot, is Windows 10 on a a separate disk?
    • Give us as much details as you can to make us feel we are watching your display monitor to help you!

create a linux usb drive
boot from linux usb, you can mount the EFI partition

• Try booting with your Mojave USB Installer Flash disk to reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen and then switch to the " System Disk with its Sick EFI" and boot it hoping your USB Installer would assist with its EFI Folder contents the booting of the System disk to its login screen and onto the Desktop.
  • Once you reach the Desktop, do what P1LGRIM has advised.
  • If that is not possible, give us more information about your system.
    • Do you have a Windows 10 as dual boot?
  • If you have dual boot, is Windows 10 on a a separate disk?
    • Give us as much details as you can to make us feel we are watching your display monitor to help you!
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a Mojave USB installer, as I installed Mojave from the app store over High Sierra.
The install went fine, but I no longer had audio from the PC. So I did as I mentioned above.
I do have a dual boot PC with Windows 10 and Mojave both on sperate SSDs.

I'm not sure what else to add. My screenshot above showed the verbose output right after the Clover screen, and at that point it just freezes. Appreciate all the help I can get with this.

create a linux usb drive boot from linux usb, you can mount the EFI partition
Is there a step by step procedure for this somewhere?

I’m kinda in the same boat. I did not think twice and downloaded Mojave from the App Store and installed it. Restated my desktop. It started installing normally and took over 30min to install and restarted a few times, but it just gets stuck while loading at 90% then eventually goes to a black screen whereas sometimes the mouse cursor shows up on the black screen. I realized that I should’ve updated my clover/APFS.efi. And I don’t have another Mac for the moment. So I downloaded the APFS.efi file online and downloaded Linux mint on a usb. I booted the Linux system and mounted my desktop NVME hardrive efi Partiton containing clover using “sudo mount -o rw /partition /mounting/point”. I was able to swap the APFS.efi files. This however did not fix my issue. So I am assuming that I need to update my clover Bootloader to the newest version... So I need to figure out how to do that now. If anyone would know how to update clover with no other Mac, I’d appreciate the advice. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back