Contribute
Register

Mojave installation stuck at 12 minutes remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck still getting stuck at 12 minutes remaining :(

Attached the updated EFI
I have removed AppleKeyAggragator.efi from drivers64UEFI but the rest is left unchanged.
Try this and see.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
Update: so now it been running for 2 hours total, of that 1 hour is past is still on About 10 minutes remaining.
I hope it's not stuck and it will push through.

Update: 4 Minutes Remaining.

Last edited:
Update: so now it been running for 2 hours total, of that 1 hour is past is still on About 10 minutes remaining.
I hope it's not stuck and it will push through.

Update: 4 Minutes Remaining.

@cmn699 So looks like its been stuck on 4 minutes for 2 hours now. Should I keep waiting?

@cmn699 So looks like its been stuck on 4 minutes for 2 hours now. Should I keep waiting?
  • As long as there are LED lights showing activities of file transfer from your USB Installer to RAM and then on to the Target hard disk, expectant watching and waiting seems to be the only prudent option.
  • Since I am unable to watch the screen and the computer LEDs and hear/feel sound/vibration of file transfer , I have no other suggestion.
  • Until you can see the addition of Recovery Disk on CBM screen or the screen goes blank, there are no other troubleshoots to try.

Ran it twice now from scratch - looks like it gets stuck at 4% and doesn't move any further.

Attached the updated EFI

Attached the updated EFI
  • I have edited your EFI Folder by adding EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi to your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
See if using that can overcome that edited EFI installation problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
@cmn699 used that EFI that you uploaded.
Wiped disk cleaned/reformatted with APFS

Still stuck halfway for over 12 hours now (only shows Estimating time remaining)
:(

What nvme ssd do you have ?

@kappyprasad Your ssd can be the culprit I tried my self installing mojave on the new 970 evo plus and it's freeze either when formating or when 4-6 min left.
Try putting any other ssd you have either sata or m2 and try the install again I am pretty sure it will go without any issue this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back