CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bonjour tout le monde et bonne année, je suis française, j'écris ce billet en anglais et je ne suis pas très à l'aise.

J'ai installé Mojave 10.14.2 sur mon ordinateur portable Asus UX461UA .
Pour le moment, ce n'est pas fini.

Je commence mon installation avec ce guide:
[GUIDE] Démarrer l’installateur OS X sur LAPTOPS avec Clover UEFI

Travail au clavier avec VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Résolution d'écran 1920x1080 avec config.plist pour HD620 de RehaMan

Ma post-installation

J'extrais DSDT avec Clover F4 et utilise un terminal avec Maciasl de rehabman pour le désassemblage.
[Guide] Mise à jour des DSLT / SSDT LAPTOP

Le trackpad fonctionne, mais je l’ai perdu en quelques minutes si je ne l’utilise pas.
Je mets "VoodooI2C.kext", "VoodooI2CHID.kext" dans le dossier L / E (j'utilise kextBeast) et supprime AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext de SLE (autorisations de réparation avec kext Utility).

Son fonctionne avec VoodooHDA sauf HDMI.
Je n'utilise pas le "pkg", mais seulement mettre VoodooHDA.kext dans le dossier L / E et supprimer
AppleHDA.kext deSLE
Les haut-parleurs, la prise et le microphone semblent corrects.
Avant, j’essayais d’ utiliser la méthode AppleALC / HDA et d’appliquer layout dsdt avec layout12, mais cela ne fonctionne pas. Certainement parce que j'ai un realtek ALC294 (0x8086D71).
J'espère trouver une meilleure solution à résoudre complètement.

Le travail sur batterie avec ACPIBatteryManager.kext et dsdt est mis en cache avec "battery_ASUS-N55SL" de ReehabMan.
Contrôle du rétroéclairage avec "SSDT-PNLF.aml" dans trèfle / ACPI / patché
Les touches Fnkeys fonctionnent avec "AsusNBFnKeys.kext" et l'éclairage arrière du clavier avec un correctif vers DSDT "Touches de luminosité Fn + Clavier Backlight"

NVRAM native? Je pense que ça va mais je suis sûr de suivre cette aide Native NVRAM Disponible

Je configure mes smbios et autres avec cette aide. Un guide iDiot pour Imessage
Capture d’écran 2019-01-11 à 14.21.45.png

Je n'appelle pas maintenant, j'attends d'avoir une meilleure configuration.

Accélération graphique totale?
Je ne sais pas si ça marche, j'ai testé avec "Open GL viewer".
Capture d’écran 2019-01-11 à 14.31.15.png

Si quelqu'un peut me conseiller ou m'aider, il sera gentil.
Je joint quelques fichiers et j'espère des solutions pour finir mon hack

Last edited:
Touchpad work perfectly and does not disappear anymore.
Touchscreen, it's much better and more fluid.
I've patched my DSDT with "GPIO Controller Enable", more details here.
I needes GPIO pinning.
My ETPD GPIO pin is indeed 0x55, TPL0 pin is 0x5C
I follow the GPIO pinning guide, here.
Find _CRS of both devices, remove the Interrupt part from SBFI and rename it to SBFB. Then add SBFG, and put inside the correct GPIO pin.
Finally, change the return statement from Return (SBFI) to Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG)).
Thant's to alexandred who create I2C kexts and ben9923

Here is a new modification on my "ASUS".
Specifically, the audio that now works in layout 21 with "AppleHDA.kext" natively in S / L / E and "AppleALC.kext" as modified by Andres ZeroCross in L / E.

I posted my file "codec_dump.txt" under Linux / LiveLinux on AppleALC - dynamic AppleHDA patching.
After several tries, Andres ZeroCross gave me "AppleALC.kext" corrected.

So now I have 2 versions:
The first with the automatic switching the second with manual switching.

Attached are the 2 files "AppleALC.kext"

For information:
HDA Codec # 0: Realtek (Inconnu)
ID de codec HDA: 0x10ec0294
Vendeur: 0x10ec
Périphérique: 0x0294
Périphérique audio - 8086: 9d71 / Périphérique secondaire - 0x10431C90 / ID de codec - 0x10EC0294 / Révision - 0x0004 / Nom du codec - Realtek (Unknow)

Attachments

• AppleALC kexts(layout 21).zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:
I'm using Clover on a UX461FA (same as UX461UA but with the Whiskey Lake i7-8565U instead of the i7-8550U) but am unable to install.

I can get to the installer just fine but keyboard, trackpad, UHD and 620 graphics acceleration are not working. I can use a USB mouse to get through the installer. A few minutes in, the laptop instantly restarted - no countdown or anything. I rebooted into the partition (now on the SSD), and I've been stuck at a black screen that says "less than a minute remaining" for over 15 minutes.

It was actually trying to restart itself but since it wasn't working properly it just got stuck at that screen. Was able to get to the desktop but of course with no QE/CI and keyboard & trackpad support. Will work on getting those to work.

Last edited:
I'm using Clover on a UX461FA (same as UX461UA but with the Whiskey Lake i7-8565U instead of the i7-8550U) but am unable to install.

I can get to the installer just fine but keyboard, trackpad, UHD and 620 graphics acceleration are not working. I can use a USB mouse to get through the installer. A few minutes in, the laptop instantly restarted - no countdown or anything. I rebooted into the partition (now on the SSD), and I've been stuck at a black screen that says "less than a minute remaining" for over 15 minutes.

It was actually trying to restart itself but since it wasn't working properly it just got stuck at that screen. Was able to get to the desktop but of course with no QE/CI and keyboard & trackpad support. Will work on getting those to work.

What method did you use for your installation?
Which kexts is in EFI / clover / kexts / oher?
Which "config.plist" do you use?
Have you changed the settings of your BIOS?

@paulopina - I have a the same exact Asus Zenbook Flip laptop to yours and have it working I believe as well as you do. I have all of the USB ports working, the touchscreen, the card reader, the camera, the display brightness, the keyboard and used the same ALC 294 fix that you did for audio.

I have but one problem left to solve.. the laptop will sleep/wake correctly when its plugged in - however it will sleep but not wake correctly when its on battery only.

I've been working on this problem for about 2 months and can not seem to solve it. Does your laptop sleep and wake correctly when on battery? I've uploaded my Clover folder to provide you with hopefully with some insight and value

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 311
@paulopina - I have a the same exact Asus Zenbook Flip laptop to yours and have it working I believe as well as you do. I have all of the USB ports working, the touchscreen, the card reader, the camera, the display brightness, the keyboard and used the same ALC 294 fix that you did for audio.

I have but one problem left to solve.. the laptop will sleep/wake correctly when its plugged in - however it will sleep but not wake correctly when its on battery only.

I've been working on this problem for about 2 months and can not seem to solve it. Does your laptop sleep and wake correctly when on battery? I've uploaded my Clover folder to provide you with hopefully with some insight and value
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan - thank you for taking the time to have a look. I've been traveling so apologies for not posting these files earlier. For this capture I've used the config_141_nocache.plist and injected kexts.

I've attached the gen_debug sysprofile txt output.

Attachments

• debug_9738.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 173
have an ASUS ux331un laptop. I succeeded in driving the graphics card and identifying its battery. But I can't drive my alc294 audio. Who can help me? Thanks very much

@RehabMan - thank you for taking the time to have a look. I've been traveling so apologies for not posting these files earlier. For this capture I've used the config_141_nocache.plist and injected kexts.

I've attached the gen_debug sysprofile txt output.

Your plist must be named config.plist. The 'config plist' choosing feature in Clover does not work reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back