Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-N012tx
CPU
i5-4200U/HM86
Graphics
HD 4400 / GT 740m (1366 x 768)
Hello,

I have been using El-Capitan for past 3 years successfully without any issues. I did a full format and installation of Mojave and followed the guides present in this forum.

I got the following this working:
1. Battery Status
2. Wifi (AR9280)
3. Brightness

Needs Verification:
1. My Laptop has dual GPU and as per the Guide, I disabled other GPU. But I don't know how to verify that its disabled using IOREG (Not present in Guide). Kindly verify the same.
2. Power management checklist is correct and I could see mentioned nodes in IoReg (Needs Verification)

Kindly verify Power management and dual GPU Disable status.

Not working:
1. Sleep isn't working although power management seems to be correct.
2. Audio:
My System uses ALC886 which is not supported by Lilu plugin. Audio was successfully working with Patched AppleHDA(layout-id 3) but couldn't figure how to make it working. Should I create a new codec support or any other Codec will work ?

Also, kindly verify all other features are enabled as required. So many things are changed, compared to last time I installed El-Capitan.

Attachments

• debug_8722.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hello,

I have been using El-Capitan for past 3 years successfully without any issues. I did a full format and installation of Mojave and followed the guides present in this forum.

I got the following this working:
1. Battery Status
2. Wifi (AR9280)
3. Brightness

Needs Verification:
1. My Laptop has dual GPU and as per the Guide, I disabled other GPU. But I don't know how to verify that its disabled using IOREG (Not present in Guide). Kindly verify the same.
2. Power management checklist is correct and I could see mentioned nodes in IoReg (Needs Verification)

Kindly verify Power management and dual GPU Disable status.

Not working:
1. Sleep isn't working although power management seems to be correct.
2. Audio:
My System uses ALC886 which is not supported by Lilu plugin. Audio was successfully working with Patched AppleHDA(layout-id 3) but couldn't figure how to make it working. Should I create a new codec support or any other Codec will work ?

Also, kindly verify all other features are enabled as required. So many things are changed, compared to last time I installed El-Capitan.

Your ioreg proves Nvidia NOT disabled.
You didn't inject layout-id on HDEF (which is one reason audio not working).

I got everything working as expected except USB2.0 Ports. Kindly debug the same and help me to fix USB2.0 Ports. USB3.0 ports are working perfectly.

Attachments

• debug_14764.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back