Contribute
Register

Mojave Installation Issue - ASUS Maximus XI Hero II Z390

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - I've reached the installer now by disabling all other USB Ports and changing to USB 2.0... Lets see how this goes! PROGRESS!

I’m in the same situation.

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

The version 1105 breaks Hackintosh.
I tried all of the “memoryfix” drivers, and removed all patches, but no success.

If you are using motherboard made by ASUS, DO NOT UPDATE THE BIOS TO 1150!!

I hope someone found the fix...:(

I had similar problems as reported in this thread when I tried to update to 1105, on my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 9900K, and Sapphire Pulse RX580. Downgrading to previous BIOS versions was not accepted by the BIOS tool (EzFlash). I have used the USB BIOS Flashback function on the board to successfully downgrade to the older BIOS version 1005, which works without problems.

It got fixed by this patch!

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Fix Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>oAqTU1RBUwE=</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
                </dict>

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                </dict>

This fixed it for me on my Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) motherboard on the 1105 version of the BIOS. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! However, I'm very curious as to why this fixed it. What does this patch actually do? Do you know?

-Kyle

Edit: Fixed a spelling/grammar error.

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                </dict>

Where do you put this patch?

Thank you for useful information.
Configre of the patch on clover configurater is found on
And,
I confirm the Patch is available for ASUS PRIME H370-A(BIOS1402).
But now I solve the issue
solution.

Ok got past the BIOS issue, now I am facing this issue. Still waiting for root device, however the last of the verbose log reads like this before it switches to the crossed out circle.

I just built a Hackintosh with the Hero XI (Wi-Fi) BIOS 1105, i9-9900K, Sapphire RX-580. I ran into similar problems with macOS booting. SMBIOS is set for iMacPro(1,1).

Things seem to be running fine now after MUCH EFFORT.

I've made four other Hackintoshes using Gigabyte motherboards which were simple compared to this board!

The attached zip file contains my EFI file. I've removed my SMBIOS Serial Number and SmUUID which you can regenerate using Clover Configurator on the config.plist.

Under the Acpi section is a patch - "ACPI Patch" that was required for me to get through the macOS booter without hanging.

The EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder contains USBPorts.kext which sets up my USB ports. I disabled board ports 03, 04, and 05 in BIOS (Advanced Menu/USB Configuration/USB Port Disable Override) in order to keep under the 15 port limit, and activate two USB ports on my case, and the rest of the MB ports.

Also in the zip file is Jul 11 2019 BIOS_settings.txt which is a long text file describing all my current BIOS settings.

Also in the zip file is CMO Jul 11 2019.CMO which can be put on a USB thumb drive, and used to reset all the BIOS settings to the ones I use by booting into BIOS setup then going to the TOOLS menu selecting ASUS User Profile - Load/Save Profile from USB Drive, and select the thumb drive inserted into an active port.

You probably want to use this same Tool to save your current settings in your BIOS BEFORE trying to load my settings so you have something to revert to in case of problems without having to start from scratch.

Note that I have set up my BIOS to overclock using ASUS's AI. You can revert those settings.

Hope this gives you a starting place.

Good Luck

Attachments

• Hero XI EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 202
I have a Z390 Maximus XI with i9-9900k and Vega 64 GPU. I have been pulling all my hair out, I think I will be bald soon. I have followed your steps (I get it that our motherboards are different) and I managed to get to a stage where GPU goes black screen and never comes back but I can see that its still on. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back