Contribute
Register

Mojave installation freezes at 2 minutes left

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not good at English, but I try to explain.

The contents of the LOG suggest that there is possibly a different problem.

But first, I write the approach of a problem here.
1.Insert a USB memory of installation.
2.And install Clover Configrator.It is here.
3.Start Clover Configrator.
4.Click ”MountEFI” of the left Tools space.
5.Find the name of the USB Installer in ”Efi Patition space” for the lower half.
6.And click the "Mount Patition" of the USB Installer memory.
7.Type your password in the window of confirmation.
8.Cilck "Open Partition" of the USB Installer.And finder will be open.
9.Find "EFI" folder,and rename e.g. "EFI.bak" for the backup.
10.Download ms-staips EFI or my EFI,the differents is using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.Try each.
11.copy as "EFI"(If necessary, rename) which is downloaded to the EFI of the USB Installer memory.
12.Finally click "unMount partition" of the USB memory installer on "Clover Configrator"
13.Try Boot the USB memory Installer on Hackintosh computer.(Push F3 button to see all boot choices)

All the best
did it slove freeze 2mins left?
freezes at 2 minutes left

oberbuschmann said "your settings fixed my 2 min remaining freeze".
And that setting is ms-staips setting. Is that right?

And He said,

So, for my hardware (see profile): I used "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" in the "Drivers64UEFI"-folder (not v2, v3 or old AptioMemoryFix) and it's working great for now. It seems, that this is depending on, which hardware you have.
Working Shutdown, Restart, Standby - FINE!

Anyway,
I am sorry if my understanding is bad. You should give the explanation to him.

”I also get the 2 minute remaining freeze at the first boot with the error in log: „disk[...] is not convertible to APFS [...]“.”
That issue Comes up in conversation to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-mojave-on-z390-p-and-i7-9700k.263415/

Last edited:
Hey,
I also tried installing High Sierra, but same issue there.
I use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi,it works.! do not use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in the sametime

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
Anyway you should do it. Before you criticize it easy!
An Oriental proverb says ”It is easier to do something than worry about it ”

Regards

Last edited:
Hey @shzrn,
to be clear, my issue was, that it FREEZES on Installation or shutdown or restart. The issue was not, that it restarts at the 2 min. remaining position - this happened to me too after fixing the FREEZE - but everything went fine, when booting then from the "HDD" Install Volume.

HighSierra (without my fixes) didn't work to install.

So, here is my EFI-Folder, I changed the Serial-Nr., you should do that, too.

The issue with preview not showing JPG files, was not to fix with this. I could fix this with changing the Bios-Settings in Advanced -> [Forgot how the option tree is named...] -> Graphics -> Initial Display = CPU Graphics + iGPU MultiMonitor = ON

Hope you can rock your Hackintosh on Mojave as well! Mine is working even better than my 2013 MacPro.

Wish you a nice Sunday! :)

(I changed the theme of the boot loader, it should look nice :D)

Thank you, i have managed to install with this EFI, i was also stuck with the 2 min remaining and, after that when booting from the install, it got stuck on 13 minutes left.
My hardware is:

I7 8700
ASUS PRIME B360-PLUs
Gigabyte Radeon RX580

Now i have problems with sleep and restart, but those are minor issues

@Qel, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@Qel, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
Done, the audio is getting me a headache, after install if i use multibeast to install efi and audio driver it works, but shutdown and restart freezes the system, if i replace the EFI folder with the one i download, and after that i try to install audio with multibeast, it doesn't work. I have tried to mimic all the options in config.plist with clover, but no matter what i do, (i think i have tried all options in the appleALC guide) i can't make audio (ALC887) to work.

Hell yes, I will do that, too :D But I think, this is not a real good solution :thumbdown

EDIT / UPDATE: I installed the Mojave OS on another computer where it works and put the SSD in my installation-non-working-PC and it boots up and works with it.

Maybe something is going wrong in the installer?
No, it is not the installer.. you should chk your bios setting carefully and install from usb 2.0 port unless it is a fresh update with previously hackintosh working machine

Hey everyone. so I'm on my first Hackntosh build and and to be honest its kicking my ass. Getting stuck on the 2 min remaining. I'm trying to install on an Intel Nuc 8.

Ditto Pcorey above. I tried re-downloading the Mojave installer, in the event the first one had been fouled. I've tried USB2 thumb drives. The Mojave installation always stalls at 75% with the cursor frozen. I understand that verbose mode is most helpful, but I don't understand how to turn that on for installation.

I opted to give the High Sierra (10.13) install a whirl, and that one made it all the way through the installation. But the new install is not recognized. (I imagine that installation is missing files needed by a NUC8.) I'm patiently reading through what has already been posted, but would appreciate any input if there are typical n00b mistakes I may be making.

I have noticed some differences between all the installation instructions. For example, the NUC7/8 instructions mention 'Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.' But my NUC8's UEFI does not show this setting. Meanwhile my NUC8 does show VT-d, which some instructions say to uncheck, but the NUC8 instructions do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back