Contribute
Register

Mojave install to HDD issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what displays on the CMB Screen.
857B8E95-FB30-4ED6-8793-D9F952EBBC46.jpegC9A9505D-DE87-48A3-892B-6CC400960EA0.jpeg427B28A3-CAC9-4714-91AD-DAA3FB232EBB.jpeg4EB54FD6-6162-4749-9491-80A4056CE347.jpeg2AA90C76-2D2D-4570-AE70-E2F040B5891D.jpeg87EBE9D4-1D7A-4BCD-BE1E-2EA4C54A2DBF.jpeg

Last edited:

Attachments

• CBM.png
    CBM.png
    91 KB · Views: 76
yeah, I did that the first time and it told me to restart, the second time I did it the mouse did show up like it is on this one.
it has been here now, I can move the mouse so I'm guessing its working, but this screen has been here longer than 30 min light is on tho.
IMG_0654.JPG

yeah, I did that the first time and it told me to restart, the second time I did it the mouse did show up like it is on this one.
it has been here now, I can move the mouse so I'm guessing its working, but this screen has been here longer than 30 min light is on tho.
View attachment 408306
  • From a GUi screen with Apple logo, I cannot make out anything.
  • From your previous incompletely descriptive posts where you said the screen had frozen at 2 minutes remaining for over 2 hrs, I had to guess that that 2 minutes remaining was on the last of several (2-3 depending up on Disk used and RAM speed) reboots before the Recovey Disk is created.
  • That is why I asked you to Force reboot and reach CBM screen and upload images which you did.
  • The previously Uploaded CBM icons view screens confirmed Recovery Disk icon was already there.
    • I also saw, incidentally, an extra icon "Boot macOS Install from Hackintosh HD" [like that of a failed upgrade from a previous macOS Version] but not knowing any such attempts from your post I was confused, but decided to ignore that hoping to complete the installation by choosing to boot the disk "Boot macOS from Hackintosh HD"macOSMojave .
  • I was hoping you could boot and reach the Language and Region Selection Screen, Apple Account and Password setup> Mac login account setup> iCloud> Dark and Light >Desktop>Keyboard Selection.
  • Is this uploaded screen following this trajectory of events?
  • Unless you fill in the gap with words or images I cannot make out anything from an Apple Logo Screen with a near complete Progress bar.

Attachments

• Boot macOSInstall from Hackintosh HD.png
    Boot macOSInstall from Hackintosh HD.png
    726.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
every Boot Ended with 2 Min remaining or less than one min remaining and the apple loading screen.
I am currently in the boot macOS from a hard drive. which is the picture in the previous post show where I have "stopped".

if i boot from USB I go through the step and end up with a 2min or less than one min screen for hours.
if i boot from a hard drive I end up with an apple loading screen for hours.
i have not tried the recovery option it just popped up in this reboot. it didn't on other boots.

Yes, the boot from the hard drive can up after the boot from hard drive froze at 2 min remaining so i rebooted,
then booted MacOS and used the boot from hard drive option hoping it would continue and not just nest at the same screen for hours.

every Boot Ended with 2 Min remaining or less than one min remaining and the apple loading screen.
I am currently in the boot macOS from a hard drive. which is the picture in the previous post show where I have "stopped".

if i boot from USB I go through the step and end up with a 2min or less than one min screen for hours.
i have not tried the recovery option it just popped up in this reboot. it didn't on other boots.

Yes, the boot from the hard drive can up after the boot from hard drive froze at 2 min remaining so i rebooted,
then booted MacOS and used the boot from hard drive option hoping it would continue and not just nest at the same screen for hours.

• Unless you understand enough about how the macOSMojave UEFI USB installer ("USB" as you have called it) works to install macOSMojave on a target hard disk and how that chosen target hard disk then completes the multi-stage installation without getting its own Clover Boot Loader (Clover) from the USB Installer disk and some needed kexts but finally reaches the Desktop where as a second step it should get its own boot loader (Clover) and needed kexts to be a fully functioning Operating System Disk [Example: by running Multibeast for Mojave by many], it will be difficult to understand what is going wrong when that usual pattern does not happen.
  • This confusional state leads to a haphazard trial of booting the USB installer or the incompletely installed Hard disk at random from Clover Boot Manager screen to get into a vicious cycle with no way out.
  • Your only option at this time is to start a new installation.
  • The APFS formatting in macOSMojave creates additional unnecessary icons to appear in Clover Boot Manager Screen to confuse even the experienced Hackintoshers.
    • I have been suggesting to 'hide' the unwanted Volumes from appearing in CBM screen as icons by editing config.plist of the macOSMojave USB installer disk by adding "Preboot" to the config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume
  • I suggest you edit your EFI>CLOVER>config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume of the macOSMojave UEFI USB installer before using it to install the new system.

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume.png
    1.config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Unless you understand enough about how the macOSMojave UEFI USB installer ("USB" as you have called it) works to install macOSMojave on a target hard disk and how that chosen target hard disk then completes the multi-stage installation without getting its own Clover Boot Loader (Clover) from the USB Installer disk and some needed kexts but finally reaches the Desktop where as a second step it should get its own boot loader (Clover) and needed kexts to be a fully functioning Operating System Disk [Example: by running Multibeast for Mojave by many], it will be difficult to understand what is going wrong when that usual pattern does not happen.
  • This confusional state leads to a haphazard trial of booting the USB installer or the incompletely installed Hard disk at random from Clover Boot Manager screen to get into a vicious cycle with no way out.
  • Your only option at this time is to start a new installation.
  • The APFS formatting in macOSMojave creates additional unnecessary icons to appear in Clover Boot Manager Screen to confuse even the experienced Hackintoshers.
    • I have been suggesting to 'hide' the unwanted Volumes from appearing in CBM screen as icons by editing config.plist of the macOSMojave USB installer disk by adding "Preboot" to the config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume
  • I suggest you edit your EFI>CLOVER>config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume of the macOSMojave UEFI USB installer before using it to install the new system.
I called it a "USB" so I don't confuse myself on where I am or what I did.
so I edit my config.plist file and then a boot form the "USB" then go to disk utility, first aid and erase the hard drive then quit disk utility and go to install the MacOS Mojave, select the Hard drive, and wait for it to boot.
which I have been doing the entire time. and it freezes at 2 min remaining.
and if it freezes at 2 min then what do i do?

Last edited:
I called it a "USB" so I don't confuse myself on where I am or what I did.
so I edit my config.plist file and then a boot form the "USB" then go to disk utility, first aid and erase the hard drive then quit disk utility and go to install the MacOS Mojave, select the Hard drive, and wait for it to boot.
which I have been doing the entire time. and it freezes at 2 min remaining.
and if it freezes at 2 min then what do i do?

• The fact that you had an extra icon on your Clover Boot Manager screen as if there was a left over file from a prior failed direct upgrade from a prior version of macOS on that system that I cannot explain is an indication of something really wrong.

• That, along with this repeated freeze at the last stage of hard disk installation, makes me feel you cannot proceed to a successful installation from your current stage.

• Best thing is to start all over again unless you or someone else will have a better idea to salvage the current system disk.

• When you do new installation, make sure to edit the config.plist to hide unwanted volumes of the hard disk from showing up in CBM screen after hard disk installation starts with APFS formatting of the hard disk which is essential starting from Mojave.

• The fact that you had an extra icon on your Clover Boot Manager screen as if there was a left over file from a prior failed direct upgrade from a prior version of macOS on that system that I cannot explain is an indication of something really wrong.

• That, along with this repeated freeze at the last stage of hard disk installation, makes me feel you cannot proceed to a successful installation from your current stage.

• Best thing is to start all over again unless you or someone else will have a better idea to salvage the current system disk.

• When you do new installation, make sure to edit the config.plist to hide unwanted volumes of the hard disk from showing up in CBM screen after hard disk installation starts with APFS formatting of the hard disk which is essential starting from Mojave.
Okay, I’ll do that but before i do can you read this? I open the installed log and I got all of this. The boot is frozen at this point will this tell you what is wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 64
Okay, I’ll do that but before i do can you read this? I open the installed log and I got all of this. The boot is frozen at this point will this tell you what is wrong?
nevermind i can't even read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back