Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
ASUS Radeon 580X
Dear all,
Another newbie here. I've tried to follow HackaShaq fantastic build guide. I went for the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 for ease of installation and am using a Strix Gaming Radeon 580 Graphics Card (8GB). The build went smoothly. I also followed the guide for making the a mojave insaller USB instead of a High Sierra which was used in that install.

I downloaded the suggested kexts (Evergeen, Lilu, Apple ALC) and made the approriate BIOS settings for the Aorus Z370 Gaming 7. Everything was goung well until the Apple Progress bar stuck at 100%. I re did it with verbose turned on and got the following.
There seems to be an ACPI problem and AppleNVMe problem. Can I fix these in the config.plist? I've searched similar threads here but can't find an answer.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers Damon

Attachments

• IMG-6357.jpg
    IMG-6357.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
Dear all,
Another newbie here. I've tried to follow HackaShaq fantastic build guide. I went for the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 for ease of installation and am using a Strix Gaming Radeon 580 Graphics Card (8GB). The build went smoothly. I also followed the guide for making the a mojave insaller USB instead of a High Sierra which was used in that install.

I downloaded the suggested kexts (Evergeen, Lilu, Apple ALC) and made the approriate BIOS settings for the Aorus Z370 Gaming 7. Everything was goung well until the Apple Progress bar stuck at 100%. I re did it with verbose turned on and got the following.
There seems to be an ACPI problem and AppleNVMe problem. Can I fix these in the config.plist? I've searched similar threads here but can't find an answer.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers Damon
make sure to disable serial ports in bios

Try a forum Search for 1334.

View attachment 490984
Thanks for your quick reply. I've done that search and I've come across a few topics which my earlier searches brought up. Some were connected to which BIOS version people were using (I'm on F3 from 2017) it seems upgrading brought problems and so people had to down grade and other threads showed people having too many ACPI fixes in their EFI. I've tried having no fixes and then gradually adding them but still no joy. I'm hoping F3 is ok but maybe not. The current one is F10. :banghead:

Thanks for your quick reply. I've done that search and I've come across a few topics which my earlier searches brought up. Some were connected to which BIOS version people were using (I'm on F3 from 2017) it seems upgrading brought problems and so people had to down grade and other threads showed people having too many ACPI fixes in their EFI. I've tried having no fixes and then gradually adding them but still no joy. I'm hoping F3 is ok but maybe not. The current one is F10.
It's more about the patch than anything else.

It's more about the patch than anything else.
Hi P1LGRIM
Here's the EFI. I'm hoping that will shed light on the problem (for anyone with a spare moment). I've search most of the successful builds using the same parts as mine and looked at the config.plist files (where available) but I can't work it out. Some have patches when using this motherboard.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 53
Hi P1LGRIM
Here's the EFI. I'm hoping that will shed light on the problem (for anyone with a spare moment). I've search most of the successful builds using the same parts as mine and looked at the config.plist files (where available) but I can't work it out. Some have patches when using this motherboard.
may need SSDT-EC.aml in acpi/patched folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back