Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Problem after Multibeast Configuration (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, got it. Now what?
save it would be good and then reboot

make sure you are editing the config.plist from your usb installer

It doesn't do anything

1. I assume there are no flaws in your selected BIOS options to boot your macOSMojave UEFI USB installer as First boot device and your Intel HD Graphics 4600 as the digitally connected Graphics to your Monitor.
  • If that is the case, do you want try this uploaded EFI to replace the EFI Folder in your macOS Mojave USB Installer's EFI Partition after 'mounting' it on a Mac desktop?
If it does not work ( you will know the answer in about 30 minutes), just discard it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 64
Feartech, you've been great! I'll give that a try. cmn699, thanks too. If Feartech's idea still doesn't work, I'll give your idea a try. BTW, this is a great community.

Feartech, you've been great! I'll give that a try. cmn699, thanks too. If Feartech's idea still doesn't work, I'll give your idea a try. BTW, this is a great community.
Your SMBIOS was blank! So Feartech's suggestion is part of your prob with CLOVER. Your SIP is ENABLED also. It can cause prob too.
The EFI I have uploaded, if it can install Mojave successfully can actually be copied and pasted on the System Disk as its own Bootloader. No need to run Multibeast.

Ok, you both have been great but I'm still dead in the water. I saved the Clover Configurator as directed by Feartech and got the same error. I then replaced the EFI Folder in the EFI Partition on the USB drive with the one so kindly sent by cmn699 and then rebooted. Again, same error. I've probably spent about as much time as I can today on this and probably need to step away from it now. If either of you, or anyone else has other ideas, I'd love to hear them. Why even a fresh install to a USB drive from a different computer keeps giving me this error is totally beyond me.

Ok, you both have been great but I'm still dead in the water. I saved the Clover Configurator as directed by Feartech and got the same error. I then replaced the EFI Folder in the EFI Partition on the USB drive with the one so kindly sent by cmn699 and then rebooted. Again, same error. I've probably spent about as much time as I can today on this and probably need to step away from it now. If either of you, or anyone else has other ideas, I'd love to hear them. Why even a fresh install to a USB drive from a different computer keeps giving me this error is totally beyond me.

I have only seen your CLOVER and assumed your BIOS setup were all OK to boot that USB Installer .
If you upload the BIOS screen shots to see if there are any flaws to cause this problem , we can take a look.
The steps to get good BIOS screen shots without a Camera, take a look -> #33

OK, I think we're getting somewhere. After lunch, a little workout in the basement to clear my head and a walk in the snow with the dog, I went back up upstairs and restarted the computer. I went into the BIOS and deleted all of the entries the "Boot Options" priorities except for "UEFI OS" for Boot Priority #1 (see screen shot 6801). I then saved and exited the BIOS. When it restarted it started to the USB and I got the screen shown below (6809). From "Mac OS Utilities" I erased the target SSD, naming it Mojave. I then hit the "Install Mac OS" icon and, lo and behold, it went through the install process, and restarted. That lead me to the screen shown below (6813). Now, if I select "Boot macOS Install from Install MacOS Mojave" (my USB drive) I end up back at the Install Mac OS screen again. If I select "Boot macOS from Mojave" (my SSD) (after a short period of time the boot process aborts and the machine restarts. Any ideas on what to do next?

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpg
    IMG_6801.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6809.jpg
    IMG_6809.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6813.jpg
    IMG_6813.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6814.jpg
    IMG_6814.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
From "Mac OS Utilities" I erased the target SSD, naming it Mojave. I then hit the "Install Mac OS" icon and, lo and behold, it went through the install

If I select "Boot macOS from Mojave" (my SSD) (after a short period of time the boot process aborts and the machine restarts. Any ideas on what to do next?

The rule of thumb that may help in macOS Hard disk install reboot is this.
To get into the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen, freeze the screen at Boot device Selection Screen using Hotkey like F-12 (for Gigabyte) and Select your UEFI USB Installer Disk (not any other disks you may find on that screen) .

But, once you are on CBM screen , switch right away to the "half-baked" Mojave System Disk to boot.

Never experiment back and forth boot trials with those icons you see on CBM; you can corrupt the RamDisk on which the current Hard disk is precariously balanced on its way to get full Mojave files with multiple (3-4) reboots until a 3rd icon of Recovery Disk appears on the CBM screen for the final boot of System Disk toward Welcome screen.........> Desktop

You may call this routine USB to enter CBM and System Disk to Exit CBM.

To facilitate this, minimize the over crowding of CBM screen with unwanted Disk icons created in APFS foramatting by CLOVER_config.plist_Gui_Hide Volumes by adding Preboot to the list as in the case of above listed CBM icons.

Always boot Verbose boot screen and take photo to upload; that is the only way to find the cause of any issue.

Try booting the System disk and see if it will give us a verbose screen clue.

Otherwise start all over again as you have done with corrected BIOS and using the USB Installer that has an edited CLOVER.

cmn699 you're a lifesaver. Before I started today (after snow blowing the driveway...), I went back into the BIOS and cleared all of the Boot Priorities except for #1, making that "UEFI OS". Then, as you suggested, I booted to the USB to get to the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen and then I selected the Mojave SSD. The boot process started and I sat and watched the Apple logo and the progress bar for about 10 minutes. Then the machine rebooted. I didn't touch anything and after a bit it got to the Mac OS set up screens (location, Apple ID, keyboard, desktop theme, etc). I went through those and now I am at the desktop (see screen shot). Sound works, as does the network. I decided not to try to reboot to see if the new Mojave SSD is, in fact, bootable or run MultiBeast until I heard from you. Here is also a screen shot of the "About this Mac" initial screen that shows that it is, in fact, reading as an iMac14,2 and that the Mojave SSD was the Startup Disk. Should I bite the bullet and try a restart or run MultiBeast? I can't thank you and Feartech enough. I was about ready to give up on this 10 year Hackintosh journey ....

Attachments

• IMG_6820.jpg
    IMG_6820.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6821.jpg
    IMG_6821.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 54
I also just noticed that the System Information pane for my SSD (a 480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro that I bought in October 2015) says that Trim is not enabled. Not sure how big of a deal that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back