Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Problem after Multibeast Configuration (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmn699, thanks for stepping in to assist me (again....). I made the changes to the Graphics Injector that you suggested. Upon booting I go through 3 "busy timeout(x), (60s): AppleACPICPU" before it then boots to the white Apple Logo but still hangs with the progress bar stalled at about the 2/3 level. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Again, I really thank you for your help.

1. Make sure your BIOS Graphics related options are unchanged from the one that you used to have before [ i.e Initial Display :IGFX DVMPT Pre-Allocated Minimum 64 M(optimally 128M)] the Mojave upgrade.
  2. If even with that and the additional temporary editing of CBM>Options>Graphics Injector as previously posted, you still have a last minute 'white screen hang from Graphics problem', even after a long wait, try the following:
  3. If you have the Mojave USB installer (even if it is Mojave 14.X that helped you in the initial installation of your prior system), boot with that as first boot device.
  4. Switch to your Mojave 14.4 Hard disk (no need to edit Options_GraphicsInjector as it should Be OK. as you can check and find) and boot your Mojave System disk in Verbose Mode.
  5. See if it will reach Login screen >Desktop.
  6. If successful , update CLOVER EFI Manually (not through Multibeast) and make sure the CLOVER_drivers64UEFI have all the Efi files similar to the one in the USB Installer/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI but with latest releases and the CLOVER/kexts/Other have all the kexts similar to USB Installer's EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but once again the latest releases and the config.plist the same as in the USB installer's /CLOVER/config.plist.
  7. Install All the essential files (FakeSMC.kext+ Ethernet.kext, AppleALC.kext+ Lilu.kext+WEG.kext+NoVPAJpeg.kext+USBInjectAll.kext+XHCI-unsupported.kext)using kext Utility in to the Library/Extensions
  8. Eject USB installer Disk
  9. Reboot the System Disk.
  10. Please post with screen shots.

OK, I tried the suggestions above but was still stuck. Not wanting to spin my wheels any longer, I built a new USB Clover/Mac OSX 10.14.4 USB stick IAW the posted TonyMac Mojave Installation Guide. I then disconnected the internal SSD and all internal and external HDs and hooked up a spare 256GB SSD that I had used previously. I reformatted this SSD (APFS) and then started the installation process. I'm glad to report that the installation process went smoothly and that my system is booting from the newly built SSD and is up and running fine on this "new" SSD. The System Information pane (attached here) reports that it is running on 10.14.4. Sound and network work well. I'll play around with this install on the 256GB SSD a bit before I do a clean install on my 480GB SSD that obviously I messed up trying to do the 10.14.4 update. My photos (~ 41,000) are stored on my iCloud account, all of my documents are on DropBox and I have TimeMachine backups so I shouldn't lose anything except time reinstalling Apps and the minor personalization of the OS that I had done.

I do want to thank this forum and specifically "Pilgrim" and "cmn699" for their patient and thoughtful suggestions. Once I get things up and running smoothly on the 480GB SSD, I'll close this thread out.

Attachments

• IMG_6992.jpg
    IMG_6992.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
After confirming that my new Mojave 10.14.4 test installation on my spare 256GB SSD, I purchased a new Crucial MX500 1TB SSD. The installation again went smoothly and after loading software and synching my photos through iCloud and my files with DropBox my system is stable. Again thanks to the the selfless folks that monitor these forums for their patient help.

After confirming that my new Mojave 10.14.4 test installation on my spare 256GB SSD, I purchased a new Crucial MX500 1TB SSD. The installation again went smoothly and after loading software and synching my photos through iCloud and my files with DropBox my system is stable. Again thanks to the the selfless folks that monitor these forums for their patient help.
:clap::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back