Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Problem after Multibeast Configuration (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H (v. 1.2)
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, system configuration is as seen on the sidebar. This machine has run very well on High Sierra. To upgrade the OS to Mojave, I installed a 480GB SSD I'd previous used under El Captain and disconnected all of the other drives, including my High Sierra boot drive (another 480GB SSD). I booted to the USB drive that I built with Unibeast only a few days ago, erased the new SSD, formatted it as APFS (my High Sierra SSD was formatted as APFS) and went through the install. I went through the OS install and it booted into the new Mojave installation on the SSD at restart. I went through the rest of the Apple OS installation process and got to the desktop (see photo). I then launched Multibeast and went through the system configuration, using the same settings as I had used under High Sierra (14,2 machine setting). I then rebooted. Clover boots up, automatically picks my new Mojave installation on the SSD and now I get the international "Stop" signal on a black screen. The system sits like that for a minute or so and then shuts down. I've been running a Hackintosh since 08 or 09 and this is a new one on me.

Thoughts? I can always pull the Mojave SSD and replug in my High Sierra SSD so I'm not dead in the water but I am perplexed.

Attachments

• 57168489118__D74BAC4B-173E-4AF7-B841-4C11BEE94D6F.jpg
    57168489118__D74BAC4B-173E-4AF7-B841-4C11BEE94D6F.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6772.jpg
    IMG_6772.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
OK, system configuration is as seen on the sidebar. This machine has run very well on High Sierra. To upgrade the OS to Mojave, I installed a 480GB SSD I'd previous used under El Captain and disconnected all of the other drives, including my High Sierra boot drive (another 480GB SSD). I booted to the USB drive that I built with Unibeast only a few days ago, erased the new SSD, formatted it as APFS (my High Sierra SSD was formatted as APFS) and went through the install. I went through the OS install and it booted into the new Mojave installation on the SSD at restart. I went through the rest of the Apple OS installation process and got to the desktop (see photo). I then launched Multibeast and went through the system configuration, using the same settings as I had used under High Sierra (14,2 machine setting). I then rebooted. Clover boots up, automatically picks my new Mojave installation on the SSD and now I get the international "Stop" signal on a black screen. The system sits like that for a minute or so and then shuts down. I've been running a Hackintosh since 08 or 09 and this is a new one on me.

Thoughts? I can always pull the Mojave SSD and replug in my High Sierra SSD so I'm not dead in the water but I am perplexed.
boot verbose then take a pic

OK, here it is . I've also attached a picture of the Multibeast settings that I printed out. Shopuld I boot from the USB stick again and rerun Multibeast?

Attachments

• IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6777.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
OK, here it is . I've also attached a picture of the Multibeast settings that I printed out. Shopuld I boot from the USB stick again and rerun Multibeast?
best to use a SMBIOS that is compatible Mojave

OK, that's what's confusing. I thought the iMac14,2 system identifier was compatible with Mojave. Is it not? Multibeast 11.0.1 had that for the default when I ran it on the newly created Mojave SSD install. The Mojave documentation I've seen says that Mojave is compatible with iMacs from late 2012 onward. iMac14,2 is supposed to be from late 2013 so it should be good. Has anyone had experience with similar hardware using iMac15,1?

OK, that's what's confusing. I thought the iMac14,2 system identifier was compatible with Mojave. Is it not? Multibeast 11.0.1 had that for the default when I ran it on the newly created Mojave SSD install. The Mojave documentation I've seen says that Mojave is compatible with iMacs from late 2012 onward. iMac14,2 is supposed to be from late 2013 so it should be good. Has anyone had experience with similar hardware using iMac15,1?
Just try the following. It may or may not help but won't cause any harm to your current situation.

• Reboot and reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen.
  • At CBM screen go down to Options>Boot Args and on that line add the following to Boot Args:
    • -v dart=0 -no_compat_check
  • Reboot and take photo(s) of any problem verbose boot screens to upload.
  • If you can boot OK to Desktop, edit config.plist_Boot_Arguments with the temporarily used flags in CBM screen above. (if you prefer Apple logo during boot omit -v from config.plist_Boot _Arguments)

14,2 should be fine but something has gone wrong somewhere

zip and upload your clover folder

OK, here it is .

Mac-F42C88C8 is a MacPro3,1 which fails to meet the minimum spec to install Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave.

Either MultiBeast failed to change the system definition for you or the config.plist that you are editing is not the one that you are booting from.

OK, I let this sit a couple of days and then did the following: First I erased my 16GB USB drive using my wife's MacBook Pro (running MacOS Mojave 10.14.3). On her laptop then I downloaded a new copy of Install macOS Mojave from the APP store and new copies of the Mojave Unibeast and Multibeast. Using the Mojave install guide I built a new Install Mojave USB drive on the recently erased USB drive. I also cleared CMOS on my motherboard and reloaded Optimized defaults and made the other required BIOS settings from the Mojave guide. I also erased the SSD that was to be the target disk for the fresh Mojave installation. I disconnected from the Hackintosh all USB devices (except for a USB keyboard and mouse) and all internal SATA drives except for the SSD I was trying to install Mojave onto. I then plugged the new Install MacOS Mojave USB drive that I just created into a back panel USB 2.0 connector. When I tried to startup from the USB drive I got to the Clover Boot screen and I selected the new USB Install Mojave USB drive. I then got the dreaded "prohibited" sign. I restarted and then ran the boot process in "Verbose" mode. Attached is a photo of the screen that I got. It appears I'm still getting the same error even after going through all the steps fresh. As requested, I've also attached a Zip file of the EFI folder on the new USB Install Mojave USB drive. I then shut down and replugged in my High Sierra SSD and my other internal HDs. I rebooted and am back in business with High Sierra. For the life of me I can't figure out how I'm still getting the same error after resetting CMOS, making a new USB install drive and erasing the SSD that was to be the destination for the fresh Mojave installation. As you'd guess, this is beyond frustrating. In my 10+ plus years of running a Hackintosh (I started back in 2008 with a Core 2 "Lifehacker" build) this is the most difficult upgrade that I'e attempted.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6796.jpg
    IMG_6796.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back