<< Solved >> Mojave install on MSI Z390, i7-8700K, Vega64, NvmE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 301
Try this config.plist :

I did. Still no improvement.

Guess I'm a hard case. I have two things in mind right now. First: downgrade BIOS. I've read that some guys with MSI boards had success with it, however, I've just updated yesterday and problems were the same as before. Second: try an older version of Clover. Originally, there was Clover v46...(74?) on the stick when created the install media with UniBeast. Do you think that I should try this?

I did some research and found a very detailed thread about a quite similar build (but with 9th Gen CPU). In this thread, the contributor stated, that you need a

MacOS 10.14.2 or 10.14.3 installation file [...] Post-installation procedure defines the system as a Mac Mini 8,1 which is not supported on 10.14.0. If you need to use 10.14.0, just leave your SMBIOS definition as iMac14,2 during the post-install procedure.

As I have 10.14.0 - could this be a problem? And do I only need to change the Product name variable or do I need to change the whole contents of the SMBIOS section?

Success!!! Writing those lines directly from Safari. The problem was... the BIOS. After downgrading to V.10, everything went smoothly! Thanks for directing me through the whole process, @P1LGRIM! I've learned a lot today!

I also experienced the same case. In my case, I tried to install CustMac USB again on the PC where CustMac is already installed. After a lot of troubles, I thought that there is an existing Apfs installed and there is not a suitable driver for installation in CustMac USB boot for installation. Here is a simple solution I used: After clearing both the partitions and the filesystem of the SSD that will be installed with Ubuntu Install-USB, I started installing CustMac. And, Naturally, all the other disks in the computer were off-line, and only one SSD was installed to install CustMac.

Hi everyone! I'm confirming the downgrade to BIOS V10 is the proper solution for MSI Z390 MB. Still having problems with shutdown and sleep. Shutdown sometimes reboots and takes way to long to shutdown the system. I had to disable sleep as I couldn't find the fix, tried all aptios, fix shutdown, slide=0, emuvam, etc...

Any help would be great on this one, specially if it doesn't mean reinstall the OS.

Success!!! Writing those lines directly from Safari. The problem was... the BIOS. After downgrading to V.10, everything went smoothly! Thanks for directing me through the whole process, @P1LGRIM! I've learned a lot today!

Hi there, I am sitting infront of my brand new Hackintosh with a slightley different setup - did you only just flashed the BIOS + installed all the Kexts and stuff as P1LGRIM said or only the BIOS? Thanks in advance and sorry for any errors - english is not my main language...

I just solved my problem (very similar to yours) by downgrading to version 1.0.

Thank you very much for sharing your progress.

if somebody need the link to the right bios versión:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back