Contribute
Register

Mojave install keeps getting stuck here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're going to need to work on this part right here.

It's not necessarily a problem if it reboots during the install; that happens often enough. But can you be explicit about how much of the install completed (e.g. are you still on the first stage from the USB drive, or are you on the second stage after booting from the system drive) and how booting Mojave doesn't work after that (what's going wrong, and please provide screen shots)?
Here is everything (couldn’t attach) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YO2Q67Hw-5iRgm78p80MwogT4KwNmsZv/view?usp=drivesdk

• Your uploaded video shows you have formatted the disk in APFS and the installation started as usual on that disk but showing the "2 minutes remaining" screen .

• What is not shown or mentioned in the post is whether the System Suddenly rebooted or froze at that screen

• For this differentiation, the LED HDD and LED of USB Flash disk can help.
  • If the System shows either or both these devices show flashing of LED indicator lights, the system is still transferring files from USB to System disk and we have to wait.

• If the LED indicator lights or sounds from Spinning disk have stopped and the Computer Display screen darkens, all indicating true freeze, your only option is to Force Reboot pressing and releasing the On/Off button on the case and going to CBM screen to boot the Target Hard disk.
    • If you had setup your USB disk's CLOVER_config.plist_Gui_Hide Volumes with Preboot in the list of hidden devices, CBM will show only 2 icons; the USB Installer icon and partially installed Mojave System disk icon [See image]
You have to launch the Mojave System disk in Verbose and keep taking pictures.
The verbose boot will soon switch to GUI with Apple logo and progress bar but can immediately reboot without any warning back to CBM and you have to once again launch your Mojave HDD .

The reboot in verbose can now progress to 30-40 minutes remaining and progressively come down to 2 minutes, 1 minute and less than a minute and reboot to CBM where Recovery Disk will now show up along with the previous two icons
This is the last time you have to boot your System disk in Verbose and hopefully it should reach the Welcome >language and Country Selection >Apple Account Setup>iCloud........> Dark and light> Desktop>Keyboard Assistant screens.

Attachments

• 39. CBM switch to Mojave SSD to boot .JPG
    39. CBM switch to Mojave SSD to boot .JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 1.config.plist_Gui_Hide_Preboot.png
    1.config.plist_Gui_Hide_Preboot.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Your uploaded video shows you have formatted the disk in APFS and the installation started as usual on that disk but showing the "2 minutes remaining" screen .

• What is not shown or mentioned in the post is whether the System Suddenly rebooted or froze at that screen

• For this differentiation, the LED HDD and LED of USB Flash disk can help.
  • If the System shows either or both these devices show flashing of LED indicator lights, the system is still transferring files from USB to System disk and we have to wait.

• If the LED indicator lights or sounds from Spinning disk have stopped and the Computer Display screen darkens, all indicating true freeze, your only option is to Force Reboot pressing and releasing the On/Off button on the case and going to CBM screen to boot the Target Hard disk.
    • If you had setup your USB disk's CLOVER_config.plist_Gui_Hide Volumes with Preboot in the list of hidden devices, CBM will show only 2 icons; the USB Installer icon and partially installed Mojave System disk icon [See image]
You have to launch the Mojave System disk in Verbose and keep taking pictures.
The verbose boot will soon switch to GUI with Apple logo and progress bar but can immediately reboot without any warning back to CBM and you have to once again launch your Mojave HDD .

The reboot in verbose can now progress to 30-40 minutes remaining and progressively come down to 2 minutes, 1 minute and less than a minute and reboot to CBM where Recovery Disk will now show up along with the previous two icons
This is the last time you have to boot your System disk in Verbose and hopefully it should reach the Welcome >language and Country Selection >Apple Account Setup>iCloud........> Dark and light> Desktop>Keyboard Assistant screens.
At the two minutes it rebooted. When getting to the installer I have to wait until it stops sending a video signal and the power button led is flashing, and then I hit the power button and it shows up. When I try booting Mojave it shows the verbose stuff and then it goes dark and after a while it just reboots(the Mojave verbose is in the video)

At the two minutes it rebooted. When getting to the installer I have to wait until it stops sending a video signal and the power button led is flashing, and then I hit the power button and it shows up. When I try booting Mojave it shows the verbose stuff and then it goes dark and after a while it just reboots(the Mojave verbose is in the video)

When I try booting Mojave it shows the verbose stuff and then it goes dark and after a while it just reboots(the Mojave verbose is in the video)

• Unfortunately that part I cannot fully see on the video. But if it reboots after a short verbose run back to CBM, that also is "Normal". You need to once again boot the System Disk for a 3rd time again in verbose and hopefully you will see it progresses further to "40 minutes remaining" or "35 Minutes remaining" or "30 minutes remaining" and this time it will run till the screen will show " a few seconds remaining.. " and reboot showing "shut down messages" on screen and finally reaching CBM screen to display added Recovery Disk icon.

• If you see the Recovery Disk icon, the next boot of System Disk will take you to Welcome>Language Screen ...>.....>...> ..Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back