Contribute
Register

Mojave install keeps getting stuck here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an XFX rx 560 4GB and I'm connecting to my tv hdmi to hdmi.
  • I checked your CLOVER.
  • Its important folders /CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI are OK for Mojave.
  • I have found some problems with config.plist in 2 SECTIONS .
  • I have uploaded screen captures with annotations.
    • Change them and see if you can overcome the Boot freeze.

• XFX cards in General are the least favored for Hackintosh in my personal view.
  • I had no problem to install MSI Radeon RX 560 in my Build with MoBO: GA-Z370P D3+Intel i5 8600K (Intel HD 630) without requiring any editing in config.plist_Devices, config.plist_Graphics ( just like you have set them up) with the same files in drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other as in your uploaded. CLOVER.
  • I have Disabled SIP (config.plist_RT Variables_CsrActiveConfig =0X67)
  • My SMBIOS_Product Model = iMac18,1 because of my CPU i5-8600K .
I get no problem booting and my video has full acceleration.

Attachments

• 1.config.plist-Devices_USB.png
    1.config.plist-Devices_USB.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig_0x67.png
    2.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig_0x67.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 62
  • I checked your CLOVER.
  • Its important folders /CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI are OK for Mojave.

• XFX cards in General are the least favored for Hackintosh in my personal view.
  • I had no problem to install MSI Radeon RX 560 in my Build with MoBO: GA-Z370P D3+Intel i5 8600K (Intel HD 630) without requiring any editing in config.plist_Devices, config.plist_Graphics ( just like you have set them up) with the same files in drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other as in your uploaded. CLOVER.
Quick question. If everything works while I’m in verbose what happens? Does it take me to install or do I shutdown and boot without verbose?

• I checked your CLOVER.

It still got stuck. Verbose is attached.

Attachments

• F0A52583-3BD0-4FDA-9A08-91D6DDCC859C.jpeg
    F0A52583-3BD0-4FDA-9A08-91D6DDCC859C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
It still got stuck. Verbose is attached.
  • Your CLOVER IS OK.
  • I cannot say anything about the BIOS because its proprietary.
  • So it is now either the Video Card or Monitor that is causing the last road block.
  • Try connecting it to a Computer Monitor and digitally (EX: HDMI) and check if you can succeed.
I have nothing else to suggest.

• Your CLOVER IS OK.
  • I cannot say anything about the BIOS because its proprietary.
  • So it is now either the Video Card or Monitor that is causing the last road block.
  • Try connecting it to a Computer Monitor and digitally (EX: HDMI) and check if you can succeed.
I have nothing else to suggest.

So turns out the xfx rx 560 is incompatible with macOS, so I’m going to return it and get an msi rx 560

So turns out the xfx rx 560 is incompatible with macOS, so I’m going to return it and get an msi rx 560
I will be interested to know the outcome of your troubleshoot and will be happy to read a detailed illustrated post from you on your successful Mojave Installation that can help others with your CPU and Motherboard.
Good luck.

So the new gpu came in and I finally got to the install screen(I have to run verbose or else it won’t work, and I have to wait until the blank screen goes to sleep and then waking it with the power button). I wiped the drive with guid partition map and set the volume to MacOS extended journaled and named it Mojave. I go to install and just little before the install is done it goes black, some text appears in the left hand corner and reboots. I’ve tried going into clover and booting Mojave but it doesn’t work. Then I tried wiping the volume and it would only let me select APFS, so I selected that and tried to install and the same thing happened

So the new gpu came in and I finally got to the install screen(I have to run verbose or else it won’t work, and I have to wait until the blank screen goes to sleep and then waking it with the power button). I wiped the drive with guid partition map and set the volume to MacOS extended journaled and named it Mojave. I go to install and just little before the install is done it goes black, some text appears in the left hand corner and reboots. I’ve tried going into clover and booting Mojave but it doesn’t work. Then I tried wiping the volume and it would only let me select APFS, so I selected that and tried to install and the same thing happened
I wiped the drive with guid partition map and set the volume to MacOS extended journaled and named it Mojave.

• Do the following with your macOS Mojave USB Installer disk to make things easier for you with Clover Boot Manager Screen.
    • I know this is not stressed in any of the Guides.
    • But you will find this will make Installation a lot easier and less stressful.
  • Insert your macOS Mojave UEFI USB Installer Disk on a Mac or working Hack.
  • From the Dock click Finder
  • From top Menubar, click Finder >Preferences> and click on [√] Hard Disks [√] External hard disks (to get icons of Disks attached to the System to Display their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy access and navigation) [See image #1]
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • CCG Left Panel Upper Half shows config.plist SECTIONS if CCG is used to open config.plist
    • CCG Left Panel Lower Half shows TOOLs to view the EFI and to edit its Folders [See image #2]
      • Click on Mount EFI and the Right Panel will show all disks with EFI
      • Click on Mount Partition to the Right of USB installer .
      • The White EFI Partition of USB Installer will be placed on the Desktop
      • Using your Left Mouse button click open EFI >EFI >CLOVER
      • Right-click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER > Attach to your post
  • Someone can check CLOVER to make sure it has everything required for Mojave Installation.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 2..png
    2..png
    448.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Do the following with your macOS Mojave USB Installer disk to make things easier for you with Clover Boot Manager Screen.
    • I know this is not stressed in any of the Guides.
    • But you will find this will make Installation a lot easier and less stressful.
  • Insert your macOS Mojave UEFI USB Installer Disk on a Mac or working Hack.
  • From the Dock click Finder
  • From top Menubar, click Finder >Preferences> and click on [√] Hard Disks [√] External hard disks (to get icons of Disks attached to the System to Display their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy access and navigation) [See image #1]
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • CCG Left Panel Upper Half shows config.plist SECTIONS if CCG is used to open config.plist
    • CCG Left Panel Lower Half shows TOOLs to view the EFI and to edit its Folders [See image #2]
      • Click on Mount EFI and the Right Panel will show all disks with EFI
      • Click on Mount Partition to the Right of USB installer .
      • The White EFI Partition of USB Installer will be placed on the Desktop
      • Using your Left Mouse button click open EFI >EFI >CLOVER
      • Right-click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER > Attach to your post
  • Someone can check CLOVER to make sure it has everything required for Mojave Installation.
You already checked my efi, and it’s attached in a reply above.

I go to install and just little before the install is done it goes black, some text appears in the left hand corner and reboots. I’ve tried going into clover and booting Mojave but it doesn’t work.

I think you're going to need to work on this part right here.

It's not necessarily a problem if it reboots during the install; that happens often enough. But can you be explicit about how much of the install completed (e.g. are you still on the first stage from the USB drive, or are you on the second stage after booting from the system drive) and how booting Mojave doesn't work after that (what's going wrong, and please provide screen shots)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back