Motherboard
Optiplex 990
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Mojave install keeps getting stuck here. I boot up clover, enable verbose, have tried with and without -no_compat_check, and I boot the macos Mojave install and it gets stuck here. I’ve tried changing my smbios from imac 12,2(12,2 has same cpu as my pc) to 13,2 or 14,2 to see if it’s just a compatability issue, but that also didn’t work.

Attachments

• 238C21D4-862F-471A-BCEF-4944BB2CF9FC.jpeg
    238C21D4-862F-471A-BCEF-4944BB2CF9FC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 69
Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

I disabled that and still got the same issue.
  • In your initial Verbose boot screen, you did not find the problem but P1LGRIM showed that and suggested a fix
  • You should be getting a different Verbose Screen if you have changed the BIOS Serial Port from ENABLED to Disabled; NOT "the same issue".
  • After every fix , if problem occurs in boot, you have to capture the Verbose boot screen to analyze to find clues and find or upload the image to the Forum for someone to find a fixable clue.
    • Unfortunately there is no fast lane to Desktop in Hackintosh installation :(

• In your initial Verbose boot screen, you did not find the problem but P1LGRIM showed that and suggested a fix
  • You should be getting a different Verbose Screen if you have changed the BIOS Serial Port from ENABLED to Disabled; NOT "the same issue".
  • After every fix , if problem occurs in boot, you have to capture the Verbose boot screen to analyze to find clues and find or upload the image to the Forum for someone to find a fixable clue.
    • Unfortunately there is no fast lane to Desktop in Hackintosh installation :(
My bad, it looks very similar. I attached the verbose for after disabling.
edit: it’s the same exact error even tho I disabled serial port in the bios. It still has the serial detected thing.

Attachments

• DFC92FBE-E1B3-4154-824B-EEC99578BC1A.jpeg
    DFC92FBE-E1B3-4154-824B-EEC99578BC1A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
edit: it’s the same exact error even tho I disabled serial port in the bios. It still has the serial detected thing.
I am uploading edited screens
  • Your last Verbose Boot Screen image with a Diagnosis of Serial Port Error for which you Disabled SP in BIOS #1 Image
  • Your Current Verbose Boot Screen Top Half where you suspected Same SP error which is Normal verbose text #2 Image
  • Your Current Verbose Boot screen Bottom Half showing what appears to be an attempt to load Graphics Kexts a couple of times and the screen ends. #3 Image possible Graphics Related Freeze if there is no USB Installer Disk LED Flash or HDD LED light activity to indicate the system is still trying to boot.. The screen Does NOT give any telltale sign to diagnose the problem
  • For confirmation need 3 things
    • Wait and Watch for lack of progress for a reasonable length of time like 20-30 minutes
    • Upload BIOS Graphics related Options chosen for this boot
    • Upload CLOVER from the USB Installer as a zipped file.
      • If you need the steps->#4

Attachments

• 1.Serial Port on COM1 to Fix Disable SP in BIOS.png
    1.Serial Port on COM1 to Fix Disable SP in BIOS.png
    921.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.No SP Error.png
    2.No SP Error.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 3.Possible Graphics Freeze.png
    3.Possible Graphics Freeze.png
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • Your last Verbose Boot Screen image with a Diagnosis of Serial Port Error for which you Disabled SP in BIOS #1 Image
  • Your Current Verbose Boot Screen Top Half where you suspected Same SP error which is Normal verbose text #2 Image
  • Your Current Verbose Boot screen Bottom Half showing what appears to be an attempt to load Graphics Kexts a couple of times and the screen ends. #3 Image possible Graphics Related Freeze if there is no USB Installer Disk LED Flash or HDD LED light activity to indicate the system is still trying to boot.. The screen Does NOT give any telltale sign to diagnose the problem
    • Wait and Watch for lack of progress for a reasonable length of time like 20-30 minutes
      1.Serial Port on COM1 to Fix Disable SP in BIOS.png
      2.No SP Error.png
      3.Possible Graphics Freeze.png
      • For steps -> #4

Last edited:
      • If you need the steps->#4
So I left it for 20-30 mins and it stayed there. I’m going to attach a 3rd verbose Bc there was something I shouldve disabled in bios that others have said to do. There are no graphics options in my bios(it’s a dell bios and i checked to make sure) and here is my EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKnBQXU7MtkdRxqRQvgZZi9xD1jenL_T

Attachments

• D23BF0FB-2A3D-4646-B474-67103FF43327.jpeg
    D23BF0FB-2A3D-4646-B474-67103FF43327.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 46
So I left it for 20-30 mins and it stayed there. I’m going to attach a 3rd verbose Bc there was something I shouldve disabled in bios that others have said to do. There are no graphics options in my bios(it’s a dell bios and i checked to make sure) and here is my EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKnBQXU7MtkdRxqRQvgZZi9xD1jenL_T

What is the Make of your PCIE Rx 560 Graphics Card?
What Type of Video Cable you have used to connect the Radeon RX-560 to the Monitor? In other words what port to what port?

You should attach your Files to the Forum using Attach files (Paper clip icon) at bottom Left of Message entry box. I have not checked your EFI to see if it is configured OK .

What is the Make of your PCIE Rx 560 Graphics Card?
What Type of Video Cable you have used to connect the Radeon RX-560 to the Monitor? In other words what port to what port?

You should attach your Files to the Forum using Attach files (Paper clip icon) at bottom Left of Message entry box. I have not checked your EFI to see if it is configured OK .

It's an XFX rx 560 4GB and I'm connecting to my tv hdmi to hdmi.

Attachments

• EFI-20190104T210633Z-001.zip
    9 MB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back