CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Need some help please. I have followed on of the guides here to create an install USB for Mojave and the install stalls before if starts. I can boot into the clover screen and then from there select the install partition to boot and in verbose mode it gets stuck on the line;

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

I've tried several suggestions from the forum but nothing changes the outcome. Any help much appreciated.
I have attached my configp.list and a screenshot of the verbose output for anybody that knows what they are doing to take a look at.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 162
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 140
not enough information

Hardware details?
macOS version you are installing?
EFI folder?

Hardware
Asus x99-A Motherboard
32Gb ram
GFX - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
i7 5930K 4.5Ghz

Trying to install Mojave. Currently have a working version of Sierra installed on my Hackintosh and want to upgrade to Mojave to use some of the features and install software that will only run on that version.

EFI folder attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 150
GTX 970 has no driver on Mojave, get an AMD GPU

in EFI/Clover/Kexts/

copy all the kexts from 10.12 folder to other folder. so Mojave can use these kexts. In your current configuration, only macOS 10.12.x can read these kexts, that's the reason you got panic.

right so before doing anything else I need another graphics card then?

you will run GTX 970 on Mojave, but no drivers, so no acceleration, you may get less than 10M video RAM, extremely laggy. You can replace the card after or before Mojave installation, it does not matter.

you will run GTX 970 on Mojave, but no drivers, so no acceleration, you may get less than 10M video RAM, extremely laggy. You can replace the card after or before Mojave installation, it does not matter.
ok so is there an NVIDIA upgrade to that card that would work or is it only AMD?

AMD only in Mojave. RX 5xx for cheap, Vega 56/64 for performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back