Graphics
Gt-710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I'm back after a 2 week quarantine ready to do battle in order to install Mojave on my dell optiplex 980 pc.

At present, I created a usb installer based on the instructions on the is website. Here is my current issue:

The usb installer boots into the clover boot screen(5102). After I select the install from icon to the process, the process runs until it crashes and I get the prohibit scene(white circle with a slash through it. Running in verbose mode, the last line says ' still waiting on root device'. All of the usb ports on the pc as well as the usb flash drive(16.0gb) are usb 2.0.

In researching the error message, the information given points to the boot usb drive not being seen by the process. Further research suggests that I first add the following kexts to clover:

GenericUSBkext
USBInjectallkext
FakeSMCkext

These kexts are to be copied to the following folder:

Clover/Kexts/Other folder

If I need thse files, where is the best place to download them? Also if need be, what is the best program to copy them to the named folder on the usb flash drive if that's where they are supposed to be copied?

As I am starting from scratch again, am I starting off the right troubleshooting path? If there is any information posted above is incorrect, please feel free to advise any creations as needed.

I have researched many websites regarding hackintosh development and this one has always been the best in terms of researching and resolving
issues. So I am hopeful that a fresh look at this issue will result a successful install. If there is any missing info needed, please let me know and I will do my best to provide it in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance,

Atrain01us

First of all you are using the wrong OS (for your Nvidia card). Nvidia support was removed from Mojave onwards so High Sierra is your best bet for getting it working fully.

Second, if you need those kexts you can find most of them on github.com/acidanthera and or on RehabMan's bitbucket website.

Third for downloads, it depends. If you're not using Opencore, Clover Configurator is your best choice for setting up. Clover has a driver updates function. Second to this would be Hackintool.

On top of this you will also need to make sure your BIOS is Hackintosh-compatible. Such settings such as XHCI handoff enabled, VT-d disabled, Serial port disabled, Intel Virtualisation disabled, HPET 64-bit mode, Quickboot disabled. There is a guide here you could follow > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gigabyte-h55-s2h-i5-650-nvidia-gt-710.227429/

Best of luck with your build!

After further review of the situation, I'm going to make the following changes:

Swap the 710 card for a radeon rx 560 with an amd chipset made by asrock and upgrade the power supply of the 980 from 305 watts to 550 watts to support the 560 which needs at least 400 watts, then try again.

Also, in checking the bios settings of the 980, the following settings could not be found:

XHCI handoff enabled
VT-d disabled
HPET 64-bit mode

The bios settings I was able to change are below:

ahci enabled for the hard drive
serial port disabled
intel virtualization disabled
quickboot/fast boot disabled

All other settings listed in the install instructions were not found in the bios so were ignored(this pc is 10 years old).

Since I have to order a part, I'll report back when I get it and the current status of the project.

Thanks for your help!

As Arnold says, I'll be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back