Contribute
Register

Mojave fix grey bar,menu,quicklook,preview,audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove WhateverGreen and use system definition iMac14,2.

Didn't help the audio and killed Quicklook. I left WhateverGreen out and returned to Mac Pro, and quicklook came back. Still no VooDoo audio. I installed AppleALC and removed VooDoo. I added Clover Audio inject 1.

So Mac Pro 5,1, Lilu, AppleALC, NoVPAJpeg (no WhateverGreen or Voodoo). I have digital audio and quicklook.

The only remaining question is if I can reinstall my Nvidia card with only one monitor to attach, and retain quicklook. Does quicklook only work on the built-in video interface. It's god awful slow on 3D applications.

No drivers for Nvidia in Mojave.

No drivers for Nvidia in Mojave.

I know, but they say you need built-in video enabled to have quicklook work. So if you enable built-in video, but don't use it, will the boot splash appear on the Nvidia card? And will quicklook work. In my experience before I could not get the boot splash to appear, and quicklook to work, until I removed the Nvidia card completely.

edit: I reinstalled the Nvidia card. Initially I got infinite reboot cycling. I switched to IGFX default boot video, and everything works now but ONE major thing. The BIOS boot splash appears on the wrong interface so I never see it. After a long pause the display lights up, but that's way after the BIOS. And interestingly some of the USB 2 ports are now dead (power only, no data).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back