Contribute
Register

Mojave doesnt boot properly after shutdown fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i9 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
hello!

I built a hackintosh with the following components:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k
Graphics Card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580

So i try to fix the shutdown problem by installing the uefi-driver EmuVariableUefi & adding the boot argument slide=0. It all worked out well & the computer shut down.

I booted the system in verbos mode & got the error message "couldn't allocate runtime area". Since then i cant boot into my OS.

Attached you will find my EFI-Folder. Do i have installed my driver correctly?

Cheers & thx for helping

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 69
hello!

I built a hackintosh with the following components:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k
Graphics Card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580

So i try to fix the shutdown problem by installing the uefi-driver EmuVariableUefi & adding the boot argument slide=0. It all worked out well & the computer shut down.

I booted the system in verbos mode & got the error message "couldn't allocate runtime area". Since then i cant boot into my OS.

Attached you will find my EFI-Folder. Do i have installed my driver correctly?

Cheers & thx for helping

This is a Z390 issue.

If your system was booting without EmuVariableUefi and "slide=0", remove them. "slide=0" isn't always needed and sometimes does more harm than good.

Sometimes pressing the reset button will get the system booted. Sometimes it works after several reset attempts.

You need to find the right combination of Aptio fix + EmuVariableUefi that works for your motherboard.

On my Z390 motherboard OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2 works.

Attachments

• Test2.efi
    2.2 KB · Views: 110
i add that EmuVariableUefi is important for Z390
you need OsxAptioFix3Drv too

WOW thanks guys!! It works now.

Do you have tips to reduce the booting time? For now it boots a little bit slower as before.

Thx a lot for your help!

WOW thanks guys!! It works now.

Do you have tips to reduce the booting time? For now it boots a little bit slower as before.

Thx a lot for your help!

You will have to boot in verbose to see if it's "waiting" for anything or "stalled" on anything.

could someone please teach me how to use OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead of the other one I am totally new to this if someone could teach me how to edit it ??

Thank you. I am new to this please dont be angry i cant seem to find any results on how to install OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi .

This is a Z390 issue.

If your system was booting without EmuVariableUefi and "slide=0", remove them. "slide=0" isn't always needed and sometimes does more harm than good.

Sometimes pressing the reset button will get the system booted. Sometimes it works after several reset attempts.

You need to find the right combination of Aptio fix + EmuVariableUefi that works for your motherboard.

On my Z390 motherboard OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2 works.

how do i remove " slide=0" what do i edit it with and how do i use OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2 ??

how do i remove " slide=0" what do i edit it with and how do i use OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2 ??

You can add/remove "slide=0" from your config.plist using Clover Configurator.
OsxAptioFix3Drv, EmuVariableUefi, Test2 are all Clover drivers. They can be found in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

You can add/remove "slide=0" from your config.plist using Clover Configurator.
OsxAptioFix3Drv, EmuVariableUefi, Test2 are all Clover drivers. They can be found in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Thank you this is the problem i dont know how to edit config.plist i dont know how to get to it, what must i click to get to the editor while in clover and how do i replace the drivers? I am very new sorry :( am i supposed to do that in shell and if so then what are the commands so sorry i dont know apple os :(

Last edited:
Thank you this is the problem i dont know how to edit config.plist i dont know how to get to it, what must i click to get to the editor while in clover and how do i replace the drivers? I am very new sorry :( am i supposed to do that in shell and if so then what are the commands so sorry i dont know apple os :(

You need to be on a working Mac or hackintosh.
Mount the EFI partition of the drive where you have macOS installed.
Once the EFI partition has been mounted, you can navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ to find config.plist.
config.plist can be edited with Clover Configurator.
Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to find the kexts.
Installing kexts here is just a matter of dragging and dropping. To remove kexts, just delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back