Contribute
Register

Mojave Clover USB installer mistakenly launches in Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 UD Rev 1.1
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just made a Mojave installer and it wouldn't boot. I found an EFI file on gitHub for my system and it booted to the Mojave installer. But everything is in Chinese language.

I googled it, and it said to launch the terminal command and run sudo landuagesetup and it said no sudo exists. Then I ran languagesetup by itself and again no such file.

I then clicked on the language icon in the upper right and selected US (PC) without success.

I then decided to use clover configurator to add it, but I don't know where the setting is, plus I don't know what version of clover configurator will be compatible. or if it matters.

Clover seems to be dead now that opencore is out. Will the clover configurator from here be fine?

EDIT:

I went and changed the config.plist to have US language. Then it hangs just after airport failure.

Here's a piture and my EFI folder backup before changes were made.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • WorkingInstallerCloverMojave128GB.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OK, I retried with the downloaded EFI and it worked like a charm. I was still stuck in all Chinese, but blindly installed Mojave on my windows NVMe drive of my laptop.

I formatted the windows drive as Mac OS Extended Journaled with GUID partition. It seemed to have installed Mojave seamlessly. I played around with language/region settings in system preferences and accidentally made it reboot after changes as it didn't switch to English right away.

Upon reboot through the USB, it fixed most of it to English and was able to navigate around just fine.

Ny keyboard and trackpad don't work, but my WiFi card I purchased (DW1560) does work fine it seems. Not sure about bluetooth yet.

No sound.

I then mounted the EFI and copied the one from the USB and shutdown, then removed the USB, and it never seen the NVMe as bootable. Maybe M.2 drivers aren't installed properly?

I even reran the USB installer and reformatted the the drive (after cleaning all partitions in Windows 10 first) and it still isn't seem as bootable.

Then I reran the reinstaller again, but this time I installed Clover 1527, thinking maybe it needed to be installed first. But same no boot issue.

But it mostly works with the USB installer doing the booting.

Now I need to figure out the NVMe and keyboard/trackpad issues first, so it will boot on its own without my external Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse connected.

OK, I retried with the downloaded EFI and it worked like a charm. I was still stuck in all Chinese, but blindly installed Mojave on my windows NVMe drive of my laptop.

I formatted the windows drive as Mac OS Extended Journaled with GUID partition. It seemed to have installed Mojave seamlessly. I played around with language/region settings in system preferences and accidentally made it reboot after changes as it didn't switch to English right away.

Upon reboot through the USB, it fixed most of it to English and was able to navigate around just fine.

Ny keyboard and trackpad don't work, but my WiFi card I purchased (DW1560) does work fine it seems. Not sure about bluetooth yet.

No sound.

I then mounted the EFI and copied the one from the USB and shutdown, then removed the USB, and it never seen the NVMe as bootable. Maybe M.2 drivers aren't installed properly?

I even reran the USB installer and reformatted the the drive (after cleaning all partitions in Windows 10 first) and it still isn't seem as bootable.

Then I reran the reinstaller again, but this time I installed Clover 1527, thinking maybe it needed to be installed first. But same no boot issue.

But it mostly works with the USB installer doing the booting.

Now I need to figure out the NVMe and keyboard/trackpad issues first, so it will boot on its own without my external Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse connected.
Hi there.

You appear to be using a desktop system-definition for a laptop. This is incorrect. Change to a laptop one.

You do not have any of the necessary kexts/drivers or SSDTs for a laptop, such as ones to enable the trackpad.

Recommend you read through @Feartech 's guide and FAQ:

Ah, I thought it was my desktop USB. lol. I thought I might have changed it as I have about a dozen USB sticks I use for testing various setups. I can't get any of them to work on the laptop.

Yes, I went through the laptop FAQ with my previous attempts. Then I found out how to search gitHub for EFIs for my laptop, but that didn't work well either. I've tried Unibeast, Clover, and OpenCore.

Now that I reset my BIOS, maybe it will work on my old USB sticks. Maybe I had a weird setting that was preventing it to boot. Now, I need to figure out which USB was made from scratch, and which one I downloaded EFIs. I think I need a small label maker. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back