Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus GAMING K3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi.
I have one mackintosh hardware in my profile.

I want move from sata3 ssd 480gb to one fast and bigger m.2 pcie 1tb ssd.

What is the best way to clone drive and efi clover?

I watch a video to migrate ssd of real mac pro using recovery and disk utility restore. But i dont think this works for migration with clover.

Thanks in adcance

Hi.

I watch a video to migrate ssd of real mac pro using recovery and disk utility restore. But i dont think this works for migration with clover.

Thanks in adcance

Did you mean you want to migrate to a m.2 PCIE NVMe SSD as opposed to just a m.2 PCIE SSD (i.e. using sata protocol).

Depending on what brand of SSD you purchase, it may include free cloning software. For example, Crucial and WD provide free software providing you have one of their drives in your system - it does not even need to be the source or target drive - it just needs to be there. If this is the case, cloning is trivial with the supplied software.

Hi.

I have one Aorus Z370 gaming k3.

I found on Alibaba ssd drives M.2 Nvme 1tb with 2800Mb read and 2200 Mb write at very good price.

Im waiting for it .

Brand is No BRAND.

anyone could put any brand on it

Hi.

Thanks in adcance

1. Use Carbon Copy Clover or SuperDuper! to clone from old SSD to new SSD.
  2. When finished, mount the EFI partitions of both SSDs.
  3. Copy the entire EFI folder from EFI partition of old SSD to EFI partition of new SSD.
  4. Done.

3. Copy the entire EFI folder from EFI partition of old SSD to EFI partition of new SSD.
  4. Done.
Thank you.
Just wait for it.

Hi!
Finally I have the ssd m.2 name 1 Tb drive.
I have clone with carbon copy clone and I have copy all refi folder from my Sata ssd to my m.2 ssd. I can boot system using clover form "old sat ssd" but I can't figure out how I can boot uefi on bios from m.2 ssd. maybe I have to enable something???

Hi!
Finally I have the ssd m.2 name 1 Tb drive.
I have clone with carbon copy clone and I have copy all refi folder from my Sata ssd to my m.2 ssd. I can boot system using clover form "old sat ssd" but I can't figure out how I can boot uefi on bios from m.2 ssd. maybe I have to enable something???

You just have to set the new SSD to be first in the boot order.

Is fixed now.
I have make a mistake. I have copy the efi folder from older ssd to one other sata device, is one Seagate 2tb hdd drive nas I use to backup.
sorry.
Now I have the name drive in first boot option .

thank you

4. Done.

Any difference from using Super Duper or doing an image in disk utility and restoring that image to the new drive?

Any difference from using Super Duper or doing an image in disk utility and restoring that image to the new drive?
Yes, a disk image is transferring the data twice. If you have the storage space for that image and want it as a secondary or tertiary backup, go for it. Much easier to just use Super Duper or CCC and get it done in one transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back