Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave clone to bigger ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under CloverConfigurator, GUI tab, Scan section: change custom to "Auto=Yes" and see if any drives show up.

might still upgrade the bios...do you have the same bord or any experience with 4.20?
No, I don't have the same board. But just one of the possibilities that may have caused the boot issue, since your original drive may have been SATA and your new is M.2. Just a guess, but it looks like you got it now.

Yes the original drive was SATA...

I'll dissconnect it and reboot for good measure, then upgrade the bios, the do the new security update...thanks again

No, I don't have the same board. But just one of the possibilities that may have caused the boot issue, since your original drive may have been SATA and your new is M.2. Just a guess, but it looks like you got it now.

Quick update lol

So I went back in the plist, with the old SSD unplugged, wanting to re-hide Preboot and VM saved rebooted, and the problem happened again : no boot DRIVE options at clover boot menu...

it seems my system does not like me to hide volumes lol

there really seems to be a clover configurator bug because if I mount 2 drives, open one plist and the a second plist it just opens the first plist....

I'll try to apply your scan gui scan settings...(auto yes) to see if I can hide volumes after.

@phunguss : again thanks

Last update
Bios updated to 4.20 (unsure whet it's stable) it's giving me strange system freezes with seem to be usb related. But on Legacy usb = computer freezes after 5 minutes of use. Switched bios usb setting to UEFI only and it's better, but still some random freezes.

-OF notice to the previous boot icons disappears when hidden volumes are in plist... If I only hide Preboot all is ok. but as soon as I want to hide VM (with I guess is for FileVault) that's when the dissapering act kept coming back. Since I don't use File vault, and have no Filevault

Did the SU updated also: REMOVE PREBOOT HIDDEN VOLUMES BEFORE YOU RUN IT. Otherwise you'll never see the second package (for update on recovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back