CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, just started working on a new build(2nd hackintosh) Got a i7-8700k CPU on a ASrock Extreme 4 mobo, with dual 8gb 3200mhz ram, corsair rm650x, saphire nitro+ RX580 in a fractal design meshify C TG blackout

Tried to go with clean clover install this time and got stuck at the screen attached below. This i believe is supposed to be a restart after the initial install and the restart will sorta complete the mojave installation but and bring me to the desktop to finish the setup but i never got there. I just got this screen instead.

Im a bit lost and any nudge in the right direction would be a great help

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 11.32.12 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 11.32.12 PM.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi everyone, just started working on a new build(2nd hackintosh) Got a i7-8700k CPU on a ASrock Extreme 4 mobo, with dual 8gb 3200mhz ram, corsair rm650x, saphire nitro+ RX580 in a fractal design meshify C TG blackout

Tried to go with clean clover install this time and got stuck at the screen attached below. This i believe is supposed to be a restart after the initial install and the restart will sorta complete the mojave installation but and bring me to the desktop to finish the setup but i never got there. I just got this screen instead.

Im a bit lost and any nudge in the right direction would be a great help

1. Please edit your Build signature and remove the duplicate Hardware SPECS (you have the same on your Profile) and add the Hardware listed in the post to Build Signature to get easy access to them throughout the troubleshoot to correlate your problems to the hardware involved to suggest fixes.
  2. Your uploaded image does not give any clue to the problem; please boot using verbose boot flag (-v) and post screenshots leading to the uploaded blank screen to get an orientation as to when this happens and what verbose screen output precedes this.
  3. Upload CLOVER from your USB installer as a compressed file(Zip)[ #4 ] and BIOS Graphics options chosen for the installation as the suspicion based on your post is Graphics related freeze and the requested files may point to the cause.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.
1. Ive updated my Hackintosh 2 in the build signature.
2. Ive attached the screenshot below, i have no idea what it all means but maybe its the APFS file structure thats giving me hiccups?
3. I got this EFI folder from somewhere who use the same mobo, cpu and gpu.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 40
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 6.34.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 6.34.53 PM.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 72
Hi there, thanks for your reply.
1. Ive updated my Hackintosh 2 in the build signature.
2. Ive attached the screenshot below, i have no idea what it all means but maybe its the APFS file structure thats giving me hiccups?
3. I got this EFI folder from somewhere who use the same mobo, cpu and gpu.
  • To diagnose boot problems in both USB installer and in System Disk , we need to know the EXACT BIOS options chosen and the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI contents+CLOVER/kexts/Other contents and the config.plist SECTIONS used during that boot.
  • You have not provided the requested BIOS Options used for this boot.
    • BIOS screen shots can be easily made automatically (without a camera) and saved on to a FAT32 Formatted USB flash disk in UEFI BIOS for almost all current Motherboards including your AsRock.
    • You may check the following post for details (it was for MSI and Gigabyte but same steps are applicable to AsRock): #33
  • I reviewed the CLOVER folder you had uploaded.
  • I have found some problems with CLOVER/kexts/Other and annotated image is uploaded.
  • I have found minor problems with config.plist and I have uploaded images to help.
  • Your Verbose boot Screen image although not diagnostic of the exact problem, seems to indicate possible problem with Graphics related issues.
  • Often, if left for a long time without forced shut down, the boot might progress and either reboot a couple of more times or go on to the Language and Region Selection Screen .....> Apple Account etc .
  • If it is not progressing normally and fails to complete the Installation, your BIOS Graphics Options must be checked and config.plist Devices and Graphics SECTIONS must be edited to fix the issue.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER_kexts_Other.png
    1.CLOVER_kexts_Other.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.Gui_hide Volumes.png
    2.Gui_hide Volumes.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.Gui_Hide Voluimes Example.png
    3.Gui_Hide Voluimes Example.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.Config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    4.Config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 50
For the life of me, cant seem to get the screenshots to work even though it says screenshot successfully saved as a bmp. Opened my thumbdrive in both mac and pc and cant find it. It was actually empty when opened on a mac. So i just took mobile phone pics.

Also im not sure if this is where the BIOS graphic options are. hope i got it right(attached below)

1. i can just delete the unneeded clover kexts right? or is there a proper way to remove them?
2. im not sure what to do at the GUI_hide Volume
3. So after selecting this, my clover boot screen will be simplified right?
4. will change this to 0x67

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 10.53.21 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 10.53.21 PM.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 61
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 10.53.21 PM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 10.53.21 PM(1).jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 68
For the life of me, cant seem to get the screenshots to work even though it says screenshot successfully saved as a bmp. Opened my thumbdrive in both mac and pc and cant find it. It was actually empty when opened on a mac. So i just took mobile phone pics.

Also im not sure if this is where the BIOS graphic options are. hope i got it right(attached below)

1. i can just delete the unneeded clover kexts right? or is there a proper way to remove them?
4. will change this to 0x67

• You can jut Right click>Send To Trash of any or all the kexts you don't need and ALL the numbered kexts folders [Example: CLOVER/kexts/ 10.6 ........10.14 which are just space-occupying junk]

• Open config.plist with CCG and find config.plist SECTIONS of ACPI to System Parameters in the Left Panel toward the Top Half and 2 Rightward short arrows at the bottom of the Left Panel.
  • Click open Gui SECTION
  • Note the Hide Volume Section at the Top Right Corner
  • Locate + (plus sign) at the bottom Right of Hide Volume
  • Click the + to get a new Row highlighted inside [see the red Rectangle in in the Image uploaded.]
  • In the new Row, type in /Windows.
  • Repeat above step for next row to type in /EFI/Boot/BootX64.efi
  • Click + and type in Preboot
  • Do whatever other editing you have to perform in other SECTIONS
  • Click the 2nd short arrow >Save As.. config>OK
Yes. APFS formatting of SSD/HDD will not cause overcrowding with confusing icons in CBM screen

Attachments

• 2.Gui_hide Volumes.png
    2.Gui_hide Volumes.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 75
managed to do all that youve advised but i still got the same screen as the first post.
I have since started fresh with new USB installer, and bootloader(thinking there was something wrong with them)
But now i cant even get into the mojave installer.

It sorta hangs at 1% and never moves aftter clover screen and selecting to install mojave :(

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings (known to conflict with graphics drivers).

Serial.png

many thanks to @cmn699 and @P1LGRIM for their assistance. Managed to get mojave installed on my build. @P1LGRIM's post prompted me to take a look at my bios setup and try to use another guide just in case.

Followed the bios settings from @sigmartini who prob got it from another user(cant seem to get the linked url top open properly)
  1. OC Tweaker \ DRAM Configuration → Load XMP Setting : XMP 2.0 Profile 1
  2. Advanced \ CPU Configuration → Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
  3. Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
  4. Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
  5. Advanced \ Storage Configuration → Sata Mode Selection: AHCI
  6. Advanced \ Super IO Configuration → Serial Port: Disabled
  7. Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
  8. Advanced \ USB Configuration → PS/2 Simulator : Disabled
  9. Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
  10. Security \ Secure Boot → Secure Boot: Disabled
  11. Boot → Fast Boot: Disabled
  12. Boot → Boot From Onboard LAN: Disabled
With this, mojave installed smoothly and will continue to iron out other kinks like USB and ethernet another day, its already 1am here in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back