1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
Finally got Mojave to install (over High Sierra); updated to 10.14.5.
All fine (so far I can see right now): Internet OK, Sound OK, UHD intel graphics OK, Radeon graphics OK, sleep/wake OK, (iMessage not tested).

But:
This beast will not shutdown/restart or let me logout. Using any of this Finder commands results to: Finder seems to quit, dock seems to quit, screen goes black. But mouse cursor and keyboard didn’t die. Remote Login and Remote Management are working too (tested from my Mac mini). Basic OS functions are obviously working.

The only workaround I’ve found (for restart and shutdown) is using terminal commands (sudo shutdown -h/-r now).

Hardware:
ASUS ROG STRIX H370-F MoBo
i7-8700K CPU
Radeon RX 580
16GB RAM G.Skill Aegis (2x8GB)

EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

L/E (without generic Apple ones):
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakeSMC_<sensors>.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Any ideas what is wrong in my setup?

Thanks in advance!
Ralf

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 106
Hi all!
Finally got Mojave to install (over High Sierra); updated to 10.14.5.
All fine (so far I can see right now): Internet OK, Sound OK, UHD intel graphics OK, Radeon graphics OK, sleep/wake OK, (iMessage not tested).

But:
This beast will not shutdown/restart or let me logout. Using any of this Finder commands results to: Finder seems to quit, dock seems to quit, screen goes black. But mouse cursor and keyboard didn’t die. Remote Login and Remote Management are working too (tested from my Mac mini). Basic OS functions are obviously working.

The only workaround I’ve found (for restart and shutdown) is using terminal commands (sudo shutdown -h/-r now).

Hardware:
ASUS ROG STRIX H370-F MoBo
i7-8700K CPU
Radeon RX 580
16GB RAM G.Skill Aegis (2x8GB)

EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

L/E (without generic Apple ones):
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakeSMC_<sensors>.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Any ideas what is wrong in my setup?

Thanks in advance!
Ralf

Hi there,

A few ideas to help you eliminate other possible problems:

1) No need for FakePCIID_XHCI.kext unless you really do want to move USB2.0 ports away from the XHC controller (?)

2) No need for GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Your ports are all controlled by the H370 chipset - unless, that is, you have an add-on PCIe USB card with extra ports.

3) Don't think you will need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, but of course YMMV.

4) Check these two boxes and see if there is any difference:

idea2.jpg

Keep a UniBeast flash-drive handy incase anything goes wrong, though it really shouldn't :thumbup:

:)

UtterDisbelief said:
1) No need for FakePCIID_XHCI.kext unless you really do want to move USB2.0 ports away from the XHC controller (?)
Removed.
2) No need for GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Your ports are all controlled by the H370 chipset - unless, that is, you have an add-on PCIe USB card with extra ports.
Removed.
3) Don't think you will need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, but of course YMMV.
Removed.
4) Check these two boxes and see if there is any difference:
FixShutdown checked, PluginType checked.

Thank's a lot for your help!

But it didn't work :( . Had to restart the machine remotely.
A few hours later, thinking hardly about what is running on that machine that could prevent restart/shutdown, I found the culprit: Avira!
I never used antivirus software on my Macs. But my Mac mini started to behave curiously a few weeks ago. Slowed down than crashed and because I found no reason for this, I thought of possibly be caught by a virus. So I installed Avira. It found nothing but as it didn't slow down the machine I let it work…

Please don't ask me why I had to install that on my new machine too (smashing head on keyboard)!
Disabled "Real-Time Protection" and the machine shuts down, restarts, I can logout…

Again: Thank's for the help!
And maybe a hint for others having the same problems: "You didn't install Avira or something like that, did you?"

Ralf

Just one more thing…

Avira comes with an uninstaller. But as of today, this uninstaller doesn't uninstall everything the installer installs… Sadly.
Get a copy of "Find Any File" (by Thomas Tempelmann) to search your disk to find relics, the uninstaller and Spotlight won't find.
Great helper to find files in places, Spotlight ignores…

Ralf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back