1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
xrLxKCcDi_F47dOZtTpURtK5jLtLS6pjhlc19InzS3MmvC4Du6NAo5qUH2u-K7aI9iD6DXU7J9decOO9Lt-kSaOjxs6sOB8KVbGNX4kj2B9MxUxggRKEseHUUfzQGzVv5_bmqL80YhrxLgHMqaJBLMLWxVmwaTjq6PE_m_poPEdECddmn68a-aYTo9MG8G3pIMFLcgrraT5UqeSrNu-cjeBUn746BMo_qtQYATR0mwSELj30Zd3s2eoit2UGwUf5g--D72eLxOVs_gqjVH7kaw-x561zb_A2uXArld9y9oCCcl3ptrF5_vLyELaKtO1dZGZjmdJTeUYhcOCTFnIDhOn5pqvMK2zcAA3AHBWO19G61vO2nGFLshLmEyvkXsrqPwZzi3UL8QCmVSllRhVEgy2S2bsfl2W6LD1MJOx8lrDnXEcwYyhKe1kjYiLXtbjunu28ES5YM7vyeUzxbBbjp4F2MwSb8XG1oTDyUropM0Cqxzny07TeO1XMiwaUPom8jD3SzpBmukX5WtL_jGtEc8j2TCRBVLcW71rNCsdnOF-hVliZSx0E39F0KSWg5jxRrdmlCCotob28kx5MkUrEXDOK7oGQeH87wfwxSM_Z8jv_tvwo7LFDHW6wmR_kqnsFKx0DYMACooJH06SHe-pgw-ukl8pq474yh_LrhcNIxTQ2rX0jxfvYJkAkbIKI4lm_VJgFCTish5bA8jIkVg=w2588-h1940-no

Picture above: The Sosumi project, and as you can see the GPU tach is maxing out.. :-/

Hi guys.
My first real question here is a rather tricky one.
I have just finished my build with a 8700K and a dual XFX VEGA 56 (with Vega 64 bios) setup. I built it with the hope to get it working as a dual boot computer. I got Windows to work brilliantly, but are having some serious problems with my Mojave installation. I hope you can help.

This is the problem:
When booting the computer, I get a screen, nut only if I utilize the lower card. If I use the upper card I get no picture at all on the monitor. It boots through Clover, but then its all black. I tried all the DP-ports. Nothing.

If I instead use the lower GPU the computer boots and I can login, but then the upper card shows maximum load on the GPUtach, and the computer tends to freeze. When putting it under load (Luxmark, Geekbench etc) the computer freezes without any exceptions.

Sidenote: The CPU is clocked at 4.9 Ghz, and it gets pretty warm in Mac OS (has a Deepcool Captain 240 AIO CPU-cooler). about 65-85 degrees Celcius, but this does not seem to be the issue, 8700K runs hot even in Windows, but not that hot obviously.

What I know: There is nothing wrong with the cards, when booting in Win it works like a breeze.

What I have done/tried so far:
Installed whatevergreen (latest version)
Installed Lilukext (latest version)
Fake SMC (it shows as a iMac 18,1 could that be the problem?)
The low rev VEGA fan kext.
I have marked the "RadeonDeInit" in Clover Config.
I have turned of the iGPU in the BIOS.
I have choosen PCI 1x16 (first slot, the card that I use to drive the screen)

ALSO: In my HWmonitor both the VEGA cards shows 127 degrees celcius for some strange reason, but all other sensors seems to be working.

Both cards shows up in the system info when i boot the computer from the lower card position. But then, as soon as I add load the computer freezes.

When trying Heaven it freezes immediately. Trying to start Fortnite shows the same disappointing result.

Both cards have Vega 64 Bios (its XFX "founders" cards), and when I choose the other BIOS (by changing the switch on the card) the computer refuses to go past v-bose mode at all. It just freezes. I suspect that this has to do with that the card is in UEFI-mode if I change the switch?

Is there ANYONE here that has a working EFI for a dual Radeon Vega setup? PLEAAAASE? This is killing me. So frustrated right now.

Last edited:
OK. I reinstalled all the drivers and rolled back my EFI. And now it renders.
But the fans is spinning like crazy. Also the sensors show 127 degrees still.
I found a FakeSMC that shows all the GPU data correctly, but all other sensors seems to break when I install that kext.

I tried "RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext" but it seems like thats the file that screws up the cards.
If I do not use it everything seems to work properly.

Someone thats got a plist-file and kexts with working sensors for GPU plus a fan fix?

Much appreciated.

/K

OK. I reinstalled all the drivers and rolled back my EFI. And now it renders.
But the fans is spinning like crazy. Also the sensors show 127 degrees still.
I found a FakeSMC that shows all the GPU data correctly, but all other sensors seems to break when I install that kext.

I tried "RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext" but it seems like thats the file that screws up the cards.
If I do not use it everything seems to work properly.

Someone thats got a plist-file and kexts with working sensors for GPU plus a fan fix?

Much appreciated.

/K
any update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back