Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

I am a little desperate and I request your Help!

I upgraded from macOS High Sierra to Mojave and everything works properly except the sound.

I have followed the post #1 procedure but something must be done wrong because I can not get it to work.

1. I restored from Mojave installation package the AppleHDA.kext file to S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/
  2. Placed AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  3. As I have ACL887, I set layout to "1" in config.plist
  4. Rebooted the computer but there is no way it works

Maybe I have omitted tu put some settings in config.plist?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me

everything works properly except the sound.
If your soundcard is lilu compatible;

Leave your config.plist as it is;
Remove any AppleALC and Lilu kext's - in /S/L/E or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
Put appleALC and Lilu Kext on desktop (with no other kexts on your desktop)
Run Kextbeast (from TonyMac downloads) and when it asks you where to install select /Library/Extensions

Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but: ALC1150 on a Gigabyte GA-H170N, was working fine with the ALC1150 + 100 Series options checked in Multibeast on High Sierra. Upgraded to Mojave; nothing. All audio options gone from System Preferences no matter what I tried.

Having read the suggestions here - I changed my layout ID to <2> in config.plist. Still nothing. Then I edited my config.plist again and removed the various Multibeat-applied HDA options (sorry, I didn't keep a note, but all I could find) and rebooted. All audio options returned and seem to be working fine. I have no ketxts in Clover/ketxs/10.14 or Clover/kexts/other

Worth noting that the mic input on the rear of my system no longer seems to operate, which I had been using fine on High Sierra but the front-panel mic input does. Perhaps a victim of the layout ID change?

For cabling reasons it would be nice to have the rear mic input operational if anyone has any suggestions, but from where I was an hour or so ago I'm quite happy.

For cabling reasons it would be nice to have the rear mic input operational if anyone has any suggestions,

Kexts could also work from /Library/Extensions - the 'right' place or /System/Library/Extensions .

If you do have them, check the versions and generally the newer ones are more likely to be the ones you want (links just above).

The layout id - there are incomplete tables of layout id's which might help give you a set of likely numbers on the appleALC github - or you could guess. Is there an option not to give layout id?

Last edited:
Good afternoon, all.

After I removed VooDooHDA and any audio related kext patches from Clover, I was then able to run
audio_cloverALC-130_v0.6.command for my ALC887 Codec. I had to put the HDAS TO HDEF patch back in prior to running the script.

I am no longer using VoodooHDA for sound. i am able to use my Logitech Z506 5.1 Speaker Set.

The only annoying thing is that I'm not able to control my volume for aggregate sound devices. The only way I know how to change the volume is individually change all 3 sound devices' volume.

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.41.33.png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.42.54.png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.45.44.png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.45.34.png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.45.24.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-08 at 13.48.54.png

Just one general question: If I had the exact same hardware under High Sierra and Audio with AppleALC.kext layout-id 6 worked for me - should it then also work after a *fresh* install of Mojave with the same layout-id or may the layout-id have changed?
The basic question is: Is the layout-id determined by the hardware? By the firmware? Or by the .kext?

Back