Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

sorry I am kind of lost.
I just did a clean install of Mojave and except sound all is good.
In the past I just ran the audio clover HDI 130 command line picked the option and all was working.
But this does not work anymore.
I have ALC 898 on my board
What do I need to do now with Mojave?

Thanks, Toleda! All I had to do is delete the realtekALC.kext and replace it with the AppleALC.kext to which you link in the first post. I'd already downloaded the latest Lilu.kext (1.2.7) before I installed Mojave. Restart, and beautiful music is streaming through my speakers now. Much obliged!

Last edited:
I'm having an strange issue right now with my audio devices on my z77 mobo. I'm running 10.14.1(beta) and sound device's names are in Russian (Cyrillic alphabet). Also on 10.14 (no beta) they were in English and my os language is Spanish. On High Sierra they were in Spanish.

I'm not sure is something related with the kext or what. I Know it's only a cosmetic issue but I want to inform about this.
And I know that you don't want to post problems on this post, but I was not sure where to put it.
Thanks for your guide anyway!

Mojave AppleHDA Audio
Dear Toleda, thank you for your post.
I got audio working on my Razer Stealth 12.5 code ALC298, but I am facing 2 problems:
1.No sound: it happens randomly, especially after a reboot to Windows 10, as audio device still shows and slider bar, but the speakers make no sound. I try to fix them by re-run kextcache, but it still happens after a few reboot. I also even tried cloverHDA that I found on another post, but the problem is still the same. Also, when it happens, as I plug in my headphones, it still works with sound. Very strange. I also tried ResetHDA clover patch but no luck.

2.When I hot plug HDMI, there is no audio device for external display. I have installed FakePCIID+FakePCIID_HDMI kexts but still no luck.
And when I boot with HDMI plugged, there is external audio device but it recognizes as DP and there is no volume control.

Please see my attached debug file and hope you can help me. The debug is when I am having no sound.
P/S: My problem is the same as they discussed in this post just for your interest:
https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/issues/39

But it was on 10.12, I am on 10.14 now and hope there is a fix. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_13699.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
hello
My laptop :
HP ProBook 650 G2
Core i5 6200U - 2.3 GHz CPU
15.6" - 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
RAM : 8 Go 256 Go SSD - SATA 6Gb-s
Processeur graphique : Intel HD Graphics 520
--------------------------------------------------------------
In sierra Everything was working withouth Wifi ; I used tp-link usb ( small one )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
today I upload to Mojave , and Sound not workin ; can you help me plz

Yes
Install Xcode, clone GitHub - acidanthera/AppleALC repo, compile AppleALC
See audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf/Procedures/1. Add SPDIFIn
Edit/Resources/ALC898/layout1.xml and PlatformsT.xml and Resources/PinConfigs.kext as noted
Backup the edited files.
Compile, instal AppleALC.kext, restart.

Thank you. I did this and it works fine for some minutes but then the input is muted.
I need to power off / on my source and it works again for some minutes.
The strange thing is, there was no change at the source, the connection, etc.
With High Sierra it was working fine. I'm just testing with a different source device.

Back