Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

Sorry, I don't understand the process here.

I understand that I find ALC1150 which corresponds to my system. Then there are several layouts and I choose one and keep going through them until I find the one that works for me. On github I see the config.plist code for the layout. I open my clover config.plist and what am I supposed to paste into Audio from the github layout? What is it supposed to look like.

Sorry for being such a noob.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.53.30 PM.png

You need to write there the correct layout id. I have ALC1220 and what works for me is 11. You need to reboot between each attempt until your sound works.

open my clover config.plist and what am I supposed to paste into Audio from the github layout?
github/1150 layouts: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11
Post #1: supported 1150 layouts: 1, 2, 3
Layout 1: supports motherboard with 5/6 audio ports
Use layout 1: config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.48.15 AM.png

View attachment 357062

You need to write there the correct layout id. I have ALC1220 and what works for me is 11. You need to reboot between each attempt until your sound works.

Thank you! This helped me understand what to do. I was really fumbling in the dark. I could not get it to work for me, but somehow I ended up (accidentally) configuring the config.plist on the boot usb and not local hard drive (was I supposed to do that?). I then ended up doing a clean install because none of the layouts worked for me. The clean install gave me audio! Having the audio configured using this guide on the USB install worked for me but not doing it post-install.

Also, for me, running High Sierra multibeast broke everything. It's confusing because the install guide says use HS Mb, but this guide says do not use HS Mb. HSMb broke everything for me (audio, boot). So definitely listen to this guide and don't run HS Mb and save yourself a headache.

github/1150 layouts: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11
Post #1: supported 1150 layouts: 1, 2, 3
Layout 1: supports motherboard with 5/6 audio ports
Use layout 1: config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
View attachment 357178

Thank you, my issue was not understanding that I needed to do this in something like clover configurator or some other medium and not trying to edit the .plist as a .txt file.

Thank you, my issue was not understanding that I needed to do this in something like clover configurator or some other medium and not trying to edit the .plist as a .txt file.

No problem :) In Clover Configurator there is a menu item called "Text Mode" which is safer to use than a regular text editor :)

@jamesst20, any chance you could upload your entire EFI folder? I have the Aorus Ultra Gaming, and RX580, so pretty similar to yours. No matter what I do I cannot get audio working on it. I've tried everything in all the different posts on audio and Mojave but all to no avail at the moment.
Thanks in advance if you care to share (plus any kexts you have placed in /L/E if not in your efi kexts folder(s).

The installation guide for mojave says to use HSMB. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/ "Note: MultiBeast 11 will be ready soon- for now use MultiBeast 10.4.0 for Post-Installation."

Then, at the bottom of that guide you get linked to this thread to fix audio issues. So if you're like me (a complete noob) you follow the install movaje guide first and by the time you get to this thread you've already used HSMB for your post install and getting audio to work becomes harder.

Hi all,
I am doing this the very first time, my apologies for the basic question.

I do not exactly understand what is meant by:

4. Set layout
  • config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout

Do I need to replace the string1 with a reference to the layout file? If so where do I put the layout file itself?

Or do I merge the config.plist from the layout into my existing config.plist? If so how do I merge it, just copy the plist/dict from the layout's config.plist to dict/dict/ underneath the <key>Audio</key>. And example of a merged config.plist would help.

Thanks!!

Back