Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

not able to control my volume for aggregate sound devices
See Z506 manual
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.41.59 PM.png

If I had the exact same hardware under High Sierra and Audio with AppleALC.kext layout-id 6 worked for me
GA-Z170N-WIFI/ALC1150: AppleALC.kext/layout-id: 6, not supported
Only layouts 1 and 2 supported on this site
should it then also work after a *fresh* install of Mojave with the same layout-id or may the layout-id have changed?
Same, AppleALC masks the the Mojave audio changes from the user
Is the layout-id determined by the hardware? By the firmware? Or by the .kext?
No, the developer does.
User sets the layout-id, see Post #1.

I'm referring to software control of my volume from within macOS. I already know about the volume controls on the speakers themselves.
No native macOS Aggregate Device volume control, off topic.

See Post #1, Problems ...
This is not a problem solving thread.
My post was intended to help people (a solution that worked for me) I wasn't asking for anything.

FWIW I have an ASRock z370 with ALC 1220, and I used Lilu+AppleALC+WhateverGreen and set the layout ID to 11 in config.plist and that works fine. At least, I see all the expected output options, and the optical digital out and HDMI audio both work.

(I feel like previously I used layout ID 1, but I saw a recommendation to try 11 for Mojave, and so I tried it and it worked.)

What codec?

Sorry, I don't understand the process here.

I understand that I find ALC1150 which corresponds to my system. Then there are several layouts and I choose one and keep going through them until I find the one that works for me. On github I see the config.plist code for the layout. I open my clover config.plist and what am I supposed to paste into Audio from the github layout? What is it supposed to look like.

Sorry for being such a noob.

Back