Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

Having a problem with kext stall in IOHDACodecFunction using method "B" from post #1 resulting in won't boot when i drop Lilu+AppleALC in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Removing them boots right up, no idea where to start looking.

Layout 28 set in clover New Mohave Install HP Z620 - dual E5-2665 / 32GB / ALC262 / C602 / Clover 4674 (npci=0x2000)

IMG_0615.jpg

my desktop is GA-Z270p-D3 with ALC887 audio.
i get it works thanks to some friend in this forum, i use 2 in layout device>layout>2
in cnfigurator clover, after save and restar the system sound is working.

thanks

Hi, Toleda... running 10.14, followed you guide to restore audio... my issue, which I haven't experienced in a LONG time, is no sound after extended "sleep." I put "sleep" in quotes, because that is a separate issue discussed here (another problem I haven't had in a while). If it goes to "sleep" for just a minute or two, sound works when it "wakes up." But if I walk away for a couple of hours, sound is gone when it "wakes." For both the "sleep" and sound issues, I'm currently just shutting down between uses, which is not ideal.

Problem reporting files are attached, along with a separate ioreg file, because it didn't look like the automated script captured it properly.

Attachments

• debug_10913.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • Bill’s iMac.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 113
I have a Lenovo x250 with ALC 3232 that was working with High Sierra but stopped functioning after MOJAVE. Its not listed in AppleALC as a supported codec. How do i determine which layout is compatible?

Hello, I am posting because I am still having troubles getting the audio devices to show up.
  • I have done a clean install of Mojave.
  • I am using AppleALC and Lilu.
  • I have Z370 chipset and ALC1220 and have tried all the following layouts one at a time: layout 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, 13.
  • I have also set the HDAS to HDEF patch under DSDT -> Patches box.
Even though I have all these I still don't see the audio devices. Only thing I see is HDMI Audio via my Monitors built in speakers, Not my green port on the MB.

Note: I did have this working before on Mojave but I had to restore due to a issue and now I can't get it working again. Unfortunately I don't know how or what caused it to work for me before, but I do know I used Multibeast 10 on Mojave even though we shouldn't. So should I try messing with that again?

UPDATE: Well apparently it works now all of a sudden. I am using Layout 11 have the AppleALC and Lilu and have HDAS to HDEF. Only variable different from before is that this time my system was shutdown and I just turned it back on rather than a reboot. Thanks

Last edited:
Back