Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

Must install matching Lilu.kext with AppleALC.kext (eg. build both, install both).
Works perfectly now. As always, can't believe it works, remarkable website and people. Thanks alot RehabMan and Toleda:)

Thanks Teleda. Before this thread, I allways have sound issues with ALC898 codec. Because wrong layout, now I found the right one and now all works fine.

How does this look in config.plist? I have same board as you and in the Supported codecs it says '
Realtek ALC898/ALC899 0x100003, layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 28, 65, 98, 99, 101 13 (10.9) —'
while in my config.plist I have
Code:
  <key>Devices</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Audio</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Inject</key>
      <string>1</string>
    </dict>

And no idea what ' Set layout config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout exactly equates to'
is it all of them and a new key like
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Audio</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Inject</key>
       <dict> 
           <key>layout</key>
           <string> 1,2,3,5,7,11,13,28,65,98,99,101 </string> 
        </dict>
    </dict>
? I have same system as you but still not clear what 'right layout' is

while in my config.plist I have
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
And no idea what ' Set layout config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout exactly equates to'
config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout in xml language (layout = 1):
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>

config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout in xml language (layout = 1):
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>
Thanks you, i hear the music once again :), been so long since I had to fiddle with anything I've gotten a bit rusty

I can't get my audio working on 10.14.0 or 10.14.1
I've done these steps over and over, and nothing seems to work. I haven't used DSDT at all, no files have been monkey'd with, fresh install. Any help would be amazing.

I have ALC295 on an ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR GL503GE-RS71

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 89
Can someone explain this step in more detail, maybe by example

Set Audio (clean install only, no config.plist edit required for High Sierra to Mojave upgrade)
  1. Select layout
  2. Set layout
    • config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout

I have a realtek 892, but I am a bit lost on above instructions
/noob

Here it goes in 'long hand" of above steps:
  • If you are installing Mojave using a USB Installer on a new hard disk or old hard disk that you can Partition and format without fear for any data loss from that disk, then you need to use the above instructions to edit config.plist from its CLOVER to get your Audio.
  • If you are just 'upgrading' from High Sierra by downloading Mojave Installer to it and not creating any USB Installer, you don't need to do any config.plist editing in Step 1 & 2 above.
  • Since you have not mentioned in your post what way you are getting your new Mojave on your system, I am assuming you are doing a clean install with a newly created Mojave USB Installer.
  • First you need to know what is your Asus P8Z77-V motherboard's Audio Chip is?
    • Looking at a Newegg site
  • https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820 for your MoBo under SPECIFICATIONS tab I found that MoBo has Realtek ALC892
  • With that information, I clicked the link in 1. above that takes me to AppleALC Wiki and I located the relevant information as seen on uploaded image (1.ALC_Wiki)
    • It says you can choose any of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 12, 13, 28, 31, 92, 98, 99 for your "layout " in config.plist _Devices_Audio section.
      • I have uploaded a sample image of config.plist opened in Clover Configurator Global(CCG) Clover Configurator (Global Edition) you can , download launch and mount your EFI partition of the System Disk ( where you are having Audio problem: for steps: #4 ) and from the mounted EFI on Desktop click your way to config.plist and Right click it and "open with ... CCG >From its Left Panel under TOOLS> Devices>Audio section and type in the box one of those numbers shown above as lay out. (I have selected 2 in the uploaded image)
    • Save the edited config.plist
    • Reboot and check audio

Attachments

• 1.ALC_Wiki.png
    1.ALC_Wiki.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.Clover_config_Devices_Audio_Layout .png
    2.Clover_config_Devices_Audio_Layout .png
    255.4 KB · Views: 181
Back