Contribute
Register

Mojave AppleHDA Audio

have accepted the fact that Apple has dropped out the audio support of Intel 100 series ( Z170 ).
Not true, macOS/Skylake audio supported
I have done several modification/customization for coming back the AppleHDA of my motherboard HD audio ( 1150), BUT BUT never it has come back to me.
No mods are required for 1150 audio. Mods broke audio, restore native.
Otherwise, see Post #1, Problems ...

Yes. AppleALC.kext puts the codec specific files in several different places, edits are the same.

Do you know where on the Mac AppleALC.kext puts the codec specific files Resources/PlatformsT.xml + Resources/PinConfigs.kext/info.plist, that have to be edited? It's to edit them directly like before, without having to compile new AppleALC.kext with xcode.

Last edited:
Do you know where on the Mac AppleALC.kext puts the codec specific files Resources/PlatformsT.xml + Resources/PinConfigs.kext/info.plist, that have to be edite
Repo: AppleALC
It's to edit them directly like before, without having to compile new AppleALC.kext with xcode.
Any change to a source file requires new compile

Have edited Resources/PlatformsT.xml + Resources/PinConfigs.kext/info.plist but when I run xcode "Build" get the following error:
xcodecompileerror.png

I've got no idea what I'm doing (as usual) and first time used xcode. I'm not even sure what to expect if it works, xcode seems pretty complex.

Have edited Resources/PlatformsT.xml + Resources/PinConfigs.kext/info.plist but when I run xcode "Build" get the following error:View attachment 364192
I've got no idea what I'm doing (as usual) and first time used xcode. I'm not even sure what to expect if it works, xcode seems pretty complex.

As with all Lilu plugins, must copy built debug Lilu.kext to the root of the AppleALC project.

Today i solve my audio issue just selecting alc audio in multibest and my best injection was 2,5 if anyone have my same mobo and alc889 that config will work with (no input).

regards

As with all Lilu plugins, must copy built debug Lilu.kext to the root of the AppleALC project.

Suggestion: first build, use native source files. Edit files after successful build.

Many thanks to you both! Copied Lilu.kext to root and did successful build with unedited native source files. Found new AppleALC.kext in Xcode/Products and copied to desktop. Installed to L/E with kextbeast (SIP off) . All audio IO disappeared. Rebooted with SIP off and rebuilt cache in Terminal, which failed, image attached.
RebuildCache.png

Last edited:
Many thanks to you both! Copied Lilu.kext to root and did successful build with unedited native source files. Found new AppleALC.kext in Xcode/Products and copied to desktop. Installed to L/E with kextbeast (SIP off) . All audio IO disappeared. Rebooted with SIP off and rebuilt cache in Terminal, which failed, image attached. View attachment 364528

Must install matching Lilu.kext with AppleALC.kext (eg. build both, install both).

Back